Dealing With Trolls

For the new people in the thread, and to back up hunterranda's comments about trolls:

1. troll 12754 up, 2440 down

One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument

6. troll 476 up, 195 down

Someone who is purposefully posting on a forum/messageboard/site sith the sole aim to irritate the regular members.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" or "Message Board Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. A troll is someone who inspires flaming rhetoric, someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Flaming discussions usually end with name calling and a flame war.

A classic CureZone troll is trying to make us believe that he is a genuine skeptic with no hidden agenda. He is divisive and argumentative with need-to-be-right attitude, "searching for the truth", flaming discussion, and sometimes insulting people or provoking people to insult him. Troll is usually an expert in reusing the same words of its opponents and in turning it against them.

While sometimes, he may sound like a stupid, uninformed, ignorant poster, do not be deceived! Most trolls are highly intelligent people trying to hide behind a mask of stupidity and/or ignorance! They usually have an agenda. Very few trolls come to CureZone out of pure skepticism.

A CureZone Troll is generally a person who is extremely skeptical of the main forum subject.

He is generally interested to make other forum members look stupid. A troll will sometimes use insults to provoke other people to insult him. Then, he will complain to moderators of being insulted and will request that his opponents get banned from further discussion.

http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

(substitute wattpad for all curezone references)

We have a troll among us who admits to being a troll. I've said this before and I'll say it again, the best way to deal with trolls of the type we have here, is to pray for them and not respond. This troll has taken a page out of Satan's book and is doing as the above descriptions state, and trying to use God's Word against us. As Christ said, a house divided against itself cannot stand. So the idea of using God's Word to contradict God's Word is futile at best and foolhardy at worst. This troll is actually inviting hate messages against them, see the above descriptions again. so in leu of those invitations, it is best to ignore their attempts among us and simply to pray for them. If they insist on hanging out where they admit they aren't wanted, then the discomfort should be on their own heads and not ours. Please pass these links around to anyone who has never encountered a troll before online, so that they can learn how to deal with them. It doesn't matter if its a religious thread or something completely different elsewhere on the 'net, these people do exist and the treatment is the same: ignore and pray, no matter where you are.