The letter thats started it all

As you stare at your acceptance letter, your body shakes. Your parents look at you, puzzled. They don't read your mail before giving it to you.

You start reading aloud. "We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry as a fifth-year student." Your parents look at each other, more confused than ever.

They start whispering to each other.

"Darling, our daughter is a witch! How will our neighbors react to this information?" Mother says to father.

"I'm not sure, Edith, but we mustn't let them know about her." They look over to me.

"It's a school; if you two don't want anyone knowing, then send me there. For now, we can hide the letter. It says that the term starts on September 1st. I'll be starting as a fifth year and hopefully I make friends that will let me live with them until school is done. I'll be sure to send you both a letter everyday while I'm there filling you in on what's happening." I supply an answer.

They look at each other and nod.

"It's the best option" mother says.

"It's the only option." Replies father.

I read on. "However, due to your unique circumstances, the Ministry has graciously agreed to allow Professor Eleazar Fig to help you hone your spell-casting before escorting you from London to the castle for the start-of-term feast and the Sorting Ceremony."

They both look at me.

"Looks like we won't have to hide that letter after all. Did the letter say London?" Father asks.

"Indeed it did. It says this Professor Fig should be here so-" before I could finish my sentence, we hear a knock at the door.

"Hide the letter." Mother looks at me and says while my father goes to open the door.

I quickly rush to my room and hide the letter in my diary. "I'll be taking this anyways." I whisper while placing the letter in the first page.

I retreat back to the room I had left my parents and the door knocker in. I hear their conversation from the hallway.

"So you're the one that will be taking our daughter?" My father asks.

"Yes but you shall have her back at the end of the term." A man's voice. I walk out and see an oldish man with kinda long, grey, hair and wearing a blue scarf and a golden... vest? He wore a loose blue shirt under that.

My mother takes notice of me. "Oh! Y/n, why don't you come over here and talk to Professor Fig. He will be the one catching you up on your studies." She walks over and pushes me towards him.

"Why hello young lady, how are you?" He asks holding out his hand for a handshake. I shake his hands and simply reply "good..." I don't trust him as much as I feel like I should.

"Well, are you packed?" He asks me. "Not yet, we only just received the letter." I answer. He nods. "I suggest you go into your room and start packing than."

"But... what am I supposed to pack?" I ask.

"Well Hogwarts will supply you with your uniform but since the term doesn't start until September and it is currently July, you will have to pack all of your clothing and whatever sentimental items you would like to bring to Hogwarts with you." That's an over complicated answer but at least I understood. I head back to my room to pack.

I walk in and immediately head towards my moving bag that I haven't used since I was four. Luckily, it was pretty big. I packed all of my clothes first then went onto the items. I packed the necessary items first like a hairbrush and dental hygiene tools. I then moved onto packing important stuff. First was my diary, second was a portrait of little baby me with Boulder, my old cat. I miss him. I hold the picture close and put it in the bag. I then pack all of my favorite books. I'm about to head out then I realize I forgot something. I look around trying to remember what I had forgot. I notice a sparkle in the corner.

"THE RING!" I yell, not realizing how loud I was being. I run over to the ring my grandmother had given me when I was eleven. This was her final gift to me before she died. I slip the ring into my bag and head out to Professor Fig. As we leave he makes me follow him to an abandoned spot in the woods. Nobody ever goes here. I used to when I was little but I stopped for some reason. There is a carriage there.

The Professor looks at me, raises and eyebrow, and speaks with a questioning tone. "Well?" He gestures to the carriage. I get inside and he follows. The carriage starts moving and after a few seconds it starts flying. "Uh- professor? Is it supposed to do this?" I ask, hanging onto whatever I can get my hands on.

"Oh, yes." He answers. That was such a great explanation. After a few minutes I calm down and focus on my hair. It was moving very little considering the speed we're going.

♡♡♡♡♡time skip♡♡♡♡♡

We land where I assume Professor fig lives. "Now, your room would be there." He points me to a room. "And if you need anything, my study is right next door." He adds on.

"Got it." I reply and make my way towards my room. I walk in and it's just a basic room. There are no decorations and the place just looks overall really plain. I start placing down my things and unpacking my clothes. After that, I put my diary in the bottom drawer of the nightstand next to the bed. I place the picture of me and Boulder on the dresser. I notice an empty bookshelf and squeal of happiness. I place all my books up there. I look at the bed and notice it's just a mattress.

Professor Fig walks in and says "ah, I forgot to make the bed." He looks around. "I see you've made yourself at home."

"Yes Professor, I hope you don't mind." He sighs and smiles as he walks over to me. "It's perfectly fine, don't worry about it. Feel free to decorate however you like."

"Yes Professor." I look down as to show that I understand. He leaves the room and returns a few moments later with bed sheets, a pillow, and a blanket. He hands them to me and exits the room again. I start to make my bed and I decorate my room after. That is, until I hear a voice yelling from the kitchen.

"Y/n! Dinner is ready!" Professor fig. I walk outside of the room and it's a fairly small house so it wasn't hard to find the kitchen table. I sit down at a seat and Professor fig places a plate in front of me. "I'm sorry if it tastes weird, usually Miriam would cook but..." he gets lost in thought. "Anyways! I hope you enjoy." He finishes.

I start eating and after I thank him for the food and walk back to my room where I get ready for bed. I put on my pajamas and lay in bed to fall asleep.