Prince Charming x Queen of the South

He hadn't expected to fall this deep so soon.

It wasn't what he had wanted at all.

"Don't leave me." He whispered into the cold night as he took another long drag of his cigarette. Barely meeting her gaze, he released the smoke in waves.

She hadn't intended it to get this close. She never settled. Ever since her family had been murdered in a church when she was twelve; she was always a runner.

Moving closer, he rested his forehead against hers. His cigarette was forgotten on the side of the road. Truth be told, she never wanted this. She never wanted to be this close to anyone ever again. Never to someone who was in as deep as she was. Never to someone who had two sons already with perfect smiles and blue eyes - just like their father.

The ghost of a finger traced her face as she closed her eyes. Willing to make the right choice. To do what was right for her.

She knew his track record. The history that surrounded his club. His mother. His father. His ex. She never wanted to be part of that list.

He had told her the same. He knew she would never be because she wasn't like any of them. She was a woman he had never met before. Someone that he had shared experience with and someone he could never relate to. They had an understanding one that had got lost in translation once his own son had started asking about her. Missing her. Loving her. They hadn't even been romantically involved then. She was just a person he did business with and someone who his sons had grown fond of.

Things really started to materialise when they had both been caught between a rock and a hard place. She had come back to town to make another trade and he had nothing to give. She was in trouble even though she didn't admit it. He could see it in her eyes. She was different. The way she talked less and smiled even lesser. He was stuck with the feds and lawyers on his case trying to take down his club which meant any kind of business would bring heat. He had to protect his club and she had to protect herself and that was how they had ended up talking for the first time completely alone. Without their middle people and club members surrounding them. One thing led to another and she really didn't want to end up alone with him. She was friends with his kids. He was just someone she did business with. She never wanted to get personal but once they had started to strip away at each other's walls it was inevitable. Everyone around them knew it.

The Prince of Charming and the Queen of the South.

After that night, she left and did not come back. He had tried calling. Tried texting. Even got Nero to call Pote about some business excuse. Nero knew it was all bullshit but he still did anyways because he too had seen the connection. Gemma stood silent. Waiting for the other shoe to drop. She had nothing against Aria. Strong women stuck together and Gemma admired Aria's deep-rooted beginnings and the struggles that she had to overcome. She could relate to her. If Gemma could have picked any of her son's romantic partners she would pick Aria. She only wished that Aria had come around sooner. Maybe they could have been together better than they were now.

It had been six months and nothing. He didn't know if she was dead or alive. Business carried on and she stopped being at the front of it with him. Pote took the reigns or even James. When he had asked where she was or he only dealt with the leader of this trade - they simply replied with excuses. Frustration overtook him. His own children were asking for her which made him even more mad. He understood she didn't want him but his own children. That feeling of dread. Being left out in the cold without an explanation made him feel weak. He wasn't a weak man. So he smoked. Drank. Got messed up in women. Stayed at Diosa because he couldn't think straight anywhere else. Tried to be there for his children. Still nothing. Their trades kept going but no Aria. No word. No sound.