Chapter 2. Newness

There is mentions of abuse and domestic violence in this chapter. If you are sensitive to those subjects, please avoid reading any further.

 If you are sensitive to those subjects, please avoid reading any further

•───•⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇•───•

The sound of a faucet fills the atmosphere as Han sits at a table, eyes locked onto his phone as Felix and Hyunjin text bombed into a new group chat. He hasn't been awake long, eyes still tired from a beckoning call to rest his mind again, but he remains still and annoyed, reading the messages as they fly onto his screen.

Felix

Han!

You went home with Minho?

Hyunjin

NO WAY! Deets!

Felix

YES DEETS

His friends have been blowing up his phone for the last twenty minutes. After eating, Han sat watching his phone, watching notifications pile up the more he ignored them. Minho watched him the entire time, wondering what he was seemingly so stressed about, but he let it go.

Minho now sat at the sink, gently washing their plates and utensils while listening to music quietly beating from his phone. Minho's voice lulls in a soft hum, head nodding with the beat of the music as his cloth continues to scrub in circular motions.

Felix

Please Ji! I need to know!

Hyunjin

There's no way you're sleeping through this.

I will emoji bomb you.

"Oh my god," Han groans impatiently, setting his phone down on the table as he adjusts his black beanie.

"What are you 'oh my god"-ing?" Minho turns to look over at Han, then returns his gaze towards his plate as he rinses off the thick layer of soap.

"Hyunjin and Felix." Han rubs his eyes gently with his fingers, pulling his tired skin in an attempt to wake up.

"What are they doing?"

"Just nosy, is all. They want to know why I left early and why I ended up at your house."

"How do they even know you're here?"