Part 26: The Storm

Me and Ruby arrive at the ship to go to the arena, we run into Velvet who talks with Ruby about their teams fight against Mercury and Emerald... Coco had hallucinations? Could be a semblance then...or a massive coincidence that both people who fought against Mercury had hallucinations.

I think to myself alone on the ship, once we make it to the arena Ruby finds us a place to sit before noticing Emerald. Surprisingly Ruby is suspicious on sight of her and starts making her way to some sort of technical room. I follow behind her.

Y/N: "you got it Ruby, I'll stand guard"

Ruby nods and heads inside, I keep an eye out as the fight begins.

A sudden shot is heard inside the room and I go for the door hearing a not so friendly voice.

Mercury: "let's keep this between us shall we?"

Y/N: "I'm afraid that's out of the question you fuck."

Mercury seems suprised to see me, as does Ruby, I guess she forgot I was literally right outside.

Y/N: "I got this guy, Team leader you go ahead."

Ruby: "okay but be careful! I don't know what's going on here and Weiss would kill me if you got hurt."

Thanks Ruby...glad you care... can't blame her, Weiss is scary.

Ruby speeds past me and Mercury as we eye each other down. Clashing a few blows before readying to fight for real.

Y/N: "let's dance."

Mercury: "not necessary, look at the news lately?"

I hesitate but step outside the room.

I see Penny. Torn apart...but no blood, she was a...robot? Pyrrha stands there emotionally empty as it seems she was the one to do it. The screens turn red with a black chess piece in the middle. A voice I don't recognise on the speaker as I remember this scene. In my nightmare, almost identical...

Does that mean that Weiss...?

The voice stops as alarms go off, a grimm invasion, level 9.

All the negativity, it's causing a swarm of grimm to arrive.

The generals voice snaps me out of my trance as an nevermore is pecking the shields of the arena. My scroll rings, its Weiss.

I need to decide who to help, fast. I answer my scroll.

Weiss: on call "Y/N! Are you okay!? What's happening?! Is Ruby with you?"

Y/N: "Weiss I've got to be quick, I'm okay, no clue what's happening and Ruby is nearby but I'm not sure where exactly! Stay safe okay!? I'm going to help these people then head to you!"

Weiss: on call "Me, Blake and Yang are heading to the docks to help others! We'll meet you there! Be careful Y/N...please. I love you."

Y/N: "I love you too snowflake."

I hang up and rush to the middle, the evermore breaks in and pushes Jaune and Pyrrha towards me. The nevermore goes to attack Pyrrha, I rush forwards and hold it back while Ruby seems to stab it with one of Penny's blades.

The nevermore flies around us, goes for a dive bomb before being slammed into the ground by a bunch of weapon lockers. Right, forgot about those. Since mine are gloves I have them on most of the time, there are exceptions of course.

The nevermore doesn't stay down however. Through the combined efforts of everyone who called in their weapons it went down without me lifting a finger. Right, everyone here has training.