chapter 1 - schoolchu

"what do you mean?" tophia asked as she sat in the middle of the small room, smelling her own body odor as she interviewed for a job at wendy's. the employees wore nose plugs and offered them to the customers as well.

"uh" the manager said, trying to make an excuse as to why she couldn't be hired. the health department would be called if she worked there. "you need to go back to highschool."

"WHAT!" tophia boomed, standing up. "it's just wendy's."

"they changed the law here. you need to have an highschool diploma."  he lied, looking at her resume as he tried not to breathe out of his nose.

"but there are highschoolers out there." she said. she smirked as she waved as the asian one, wiggling her fingers. he quickly shrieked and ran away.

"yeah but like, they were hired before the law was made."

tophia grunted and walked out of the room angrily. 5 minutes after, the chair she sat on was in the dumpster set on fire.

-

"EZEKIAH MORDECAI FUSARIO- oh it's just tophia." papachu said as tophia came through the door. everytime someone wanted to come into apartmentchu with rent notice chu, he would scare them off by yelling at the top of his lungs.

tophia slammed herself down on the chair she stole from walmart and quickly logged into the computer that papachu had for work purposes.

"high school alternative." she said to herself as she typed into the computer. "ged?"

"what is a ged." tophia searched up. "144 dollars to take the ged? i used that for doordash last night."

"tophia." mamachu said as she coughed her lungs out. "what happened with wendy's?"

"i need a highschool diploma." tophia said as she rolled out of the chair and onto hershey, smashing him in the process. once she got off, hershey was flat like one of those mfs in the cartoons, but he was still alive. "i could take the ged."

"take the ged." mamachu said.

"MOM YOURE SO FUCKING STUPID I DONT HAVE 144 DOLLARS YOU BROKE BITCH."

mamachu stayed silent as tophia grumbled in agitation. papachu didn't say anything as he was busy taking mirror pictures for his latest tiktok edit.

"i'll just have to go back to highschool." tophia said to herself as she picked up her trap phone and went on live.

-

"TOPHIA WAKE THE FACK UP ITS YOUR FIRST DAY OF HIGHSCHOOL." mamachu said as she feuded with prank callers.

tophia woke up, smelling her breath as she yawned.

she quickly took the first shower she had in days, and actually brushed her teeth. she put on her jungkook t shirt along with a pair of jeans that was stained with mcdonald's mac sauce. she quickly sprayed on her shrek the third perfume and walked out of the bathroom.

as she grabbed her booksack, she looked back at the home she would leave behind for 7 hours a day. she looked at the several roaches on the floor and fast food wrappers. she observed the rolling chair that had ass imprints in it from how much she sat in it. she sighed aesthetically and walked out of the door.

as she closed the door behind her, she saw the rent notice on the door, covering the green cross made by papa chu. she tore it down and threw it in the trash, walking down the steps as she went toward the high school.