NINE

IF IT IS NOT ALL FOR LOVE
WHAT IS IT FOR

IF IT IS NOT ALL FOR LOVEWHAT IS IT FOR

______________________________

*(italics also = flashbacks!)

"And what may you be doing?" Alejandro Alegría, who had presumably spent the morning and early afternoon in a pub, came striding in, watching as his sister - only two years younger - sprawled out on her bed, half ready for the ball.

"Drowning in my own sorrows." The girl expressed, her speech muffled from the pillows her face was planted in.

"Excellent, a pity party!" Alejandro chuckled, flipping Angelica's body over in which was responded by her pushing the hairs stuck to her face away.

"Do not mock my sadness!" She puffed.

"My deepest apologies, sister," He gathered a bracelet from the vanity, one of the many Dayanara had previously pushed off in the early hours of the morning, before chucking it to her, "In all seriousness, what is to be the reason for your sulking?"

Angelica groaned, slouching as she made her way to the vanity chair, using the mirror to help her clip on the rest of her jewellery, "Can one have a strong liking towards someone even after only a few moments together?"

"I suppose it depends on how the moments feel?" Alejandro suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

"It has only been, if not five then four times, and yet even the first encounter was filled with this tense feeling - fiery." Angelica scanned her reflection, the dejection on her face very much visible.

Alejandro hummed, opening his mouth to indulge deeper into Angelica's uncertainty - albeit she beat him to it, "What do you think it means if a man remembers the meanings to your favourite flower."

"If he remembers your exact order to what makes a rose, a rose," Alejandro inclined his head forward, "Then I interpret it as he must care."

"Do not confuse me."

"You had asked!" Alejandro smiled, "Does this have anything to do with Lord Owen?"

Angelica resorted to silence, her head hanging slightly lower as she picked at a nail. Her eyes darted to the mirror once more, catching a glimpse of her brother raising a brow.

"No."

"Then, who?"

"I believe I was too harsh, but I too, am even more mad." Angelica closed her eyes, allowing herself to calm down before she could grow annoyed yet again.