Schedule Change

Kara

I was given a change in schedule today, I guess the counselor mixed up some classes that I'm not supposed to be in. I didn't even notice. I don't notice a lot of things anymore.

So now I'm trying to find the classes I'm supposed to be in. The halls are vastly different, I don't think I've ever been in this part of the school before. This is where a lot of the upperclassmen's classes are but they have a few sophomore classes in this area of the school.

I walk around the corner and see Luke talkin up a girl. He doesn't seem to notice me at first but soon his eyes meet mine. I look down and continue walking. "Hey I gotta go." I hear him say before hearing hurried footsteps walk up behind me. "Kar." He says. "What're you doin in this hallway ?" He asks calmly.

I look up at him and hand him my new schedule. He takes it and looks down at it. "Mr. Hastings.... I know where that is. I'll take you to his class." He says before wrapping his arm across my shoulders. When I flinch he immediately removes it. "Shit, sorry." He says.

We walk up to the class and I turn to go in when he stops me. "I'll be here when your class is over. I'll walk you to lunch." He says. I nod a little before walking in. I walk straight to the back of the class and take a seat in the desk closest to the window. The class seemed to take years before it was over. The last 5 minutes of class was free time. I took that time to look at my phone.

"Look at her outfit." I hear a girl say, laughing. I glance up from my phone. I hear them laugh even harder. "She totally just looked at us." I hear one of 'em say. "Who wears a full sweatsuit in August anyway." Another says laughing. There was only one girl in their little circle who wasn't laughing or even looking at me.

When class ended the girls all walked out laughing together. The one who wasn't laughing at me, stayed behind. "Hey, sorry about that. They can be real bitches sometimes." She says, giving me a light smile. I nodded at her before walking past her. "I'm Jasmine by the way." She said walking up to me. "Kara." I mumbled. "Nice to meet you, Kara. I gotta run but don't worry about those girls." She said smiling.

She walks out of the class and into the hallway. When I walk out, I see Luke standing there like he said he would only one of the girls was giggling and twirling her hair at him. He on the other hand was just standing there tight lipped and nodding at everything she was saying. When he sees me his eyes look relieved.

He immediately walks away from her and joins me. "What's wrong, I thought all girls were your type." I said sarcastically. He looks down at me wide eyed like he was surprised I said something. "I draw the line at annoying girls." I crack a small smile. Which he seems to notice because he starts poking fun.

"Look at you, Kar. A smile ? Wow." He says dramatically. I roll my eyes. "Don't get too used to it." He just smiles.

Soon we enter the lunch room, where we're met with complete and utter chaos. The loud banter between about 100 kids. We walk over to Jack who had lunch with us. He's laughing with some boys. One had tan skin and dark hair, one had pale skin with pink hair, the last one had olive skin with curly brown hair. When Jack notices me, a big grin appears on his face.

"Kara, you've decided to join us ?" He says with excitement. "Yea I guess so." I shrug. He just hugs me, and whispers in my ear, "I missed hanging out with you." I nod, "Me too, Jack." I say hugging him back.

"Guys you all know my baby sister, Kara, right ?" He says turning towards them. The pale and olive skinned one nod despite me never meeting them before. The tan one however shook his head, and replied. "I don't believe we've ever met, I'm Calum." He says smiling. "Kara." I say. Jack laughs and goes back to talking to the boys. When I look up at Luke his face looked a little tense.