Chapter 4

The car ride was long , even longer than it was supposed to be with Belly singing Taylor Swift like it was the last song she was ever going to sing.

"Mom , tell Belly to shush it" Steven groaned from the backseat.

"Belly , just a little softer please" Laurel agreed with her son that Belly was a bit too loud.

"You don't hear Nate complaining" Belly protested.

"Yeah because Nate actually knows the words to the song" Steven argued back.

Nathan looked in the rear view mirror as his one hand was steering the wheel , " hey enchanted is one hell of a song bro". Everyone laughed.

《☆》

A while later , Nathan pulled up to the beach house on cousins. Nathan couldn't wait to see Conrad and Jeremiah , he missed those guys and he knew Belly and Steven did too.

The beach house belonged to Susannah , Conrad and Jeremiah's mother and Laurel's bestfriend, she was one of the nicest people you would ever meet. Nathan adored her.

Nathan got out of the car , and saw Jeremiah first , he gave him a brotherly hug "Look at you all jocked up" Jeremiah pointed out.

Jeremiah went to greet everyone else and Conrad came out from the back. He noticed the way Conrad looked at his sister but decided not to say anything about it , "How's it going man?" Nathan asked.

"All good , all good" Conrad gave him a brotherly type of hug. Conrad and Nathan had always been the closet of the two , mostly because they were the same age. They got well having shared interests.

"Look at my Belly" the first thing that Susannah said when she walked outside. Susannah always loved Belly most out of Laurel's three. Nathan figured because she was the only girl among four boys.

"Hey Susannah , forget about us" Nathan joked as he stood next to Steven.

"No Nate , I could never forget about you" Susannah's smile always had a way of warming his heart. She was sick a few years ago and he was so happy to see her doing so much better.

Everyone laughed and smiled at one another , "This is going to be a perfect summer" Susannah looked like she was going to cry.