Part 38: Battle at Sea

A faint light shone on the surface of the sea, and it made the swaying waves a ceiling.

In that space, a building that was like a temple existed in the center, which was supported by four huge columns. There was no wall between the columns. A delicate, complex magic formation was drawn at the place that seemed to be an altar at the center of the temple. Still, from the temple whose surroundings were filled with ocean water, the pathway that floated on the surface of the sea extended in four directions, and the end went on to become a circle. And, a magic formation was also drawn on the footing of that circle.

One among the four magic formations began to shine suddenly. Then, after the momentary light that was like an explosion, the shadows of people stood there. It was Keiji and Kaori.

"......Here is...... Is that a magic formation? Unexpectedly, was it already conquered?"

"Um, is there some problem?"

"No, I didn't think that it was already cleared...... However, I felt it was a little easy when compared to the other Labyrinths...... Though I expected that Clione to at least come out at the end......"

Apparently, understanding that they seemed to have arrived at the dwelling of Meiru Merujine, Keiji made an expression like he was a little disappointed. In contrast to that, Kaori, peeking at his face from over his shoulder, replied while smiling wryly.

"You know, Keiji-kun. This place was plenty difficult. The beginning is an undersea cave after all, and because normally you would not possess something like a submarine, you would continuously be consuming a lot of magical power the whole time until it was cleared, and if done poorly, as it is you would drown. The clione-like thing was an almost impossibly tough enemy, and because physical attacks were ineffective against the things that looked like ghosts, you will again rely on magical power. Because of that, breaking through cannot be done without fighting a large army. It's a sufficiently ridiculous degree of difficulty."

"Yeah, though I guess it might be so if you say so."

"Not to mention, as for the people of this world, the piety seems to be strong...... To display such madness......"

"Too much mental intensity......?"

Kaori's point was, in short, that they are too strong. When saying up to there, certainly, he agreed that Guryuen Volcano would have also been able to be conquered flawlessly if not for the attack of Freed at the end.

"I wonder where Hajime and the others are."

Come to think of it, they had arrived before joining up with the others, but at the time he thought about what they were doing, the magic formation that was at the end of the path to the right began to shine like it had read Keiji's thoughts.

When the bursting light had settled down, the figures of the four people of Hajime, Yue, Shia, and Tio were there. It was exquisite timing.

"Speak of the devil."

"I was just thinking about you Keiji."

"Same here Hajime."

"Surprised you didn't destroy the place Scumji."

"Good to see you too Yue."

"Ah, Kaori-san are you alright!?"

"Mu? Are you hurt? What happened to your recovery magic?"

While Keiji was talking with Hajime and Yue. Tio and Shia sent gazes like they were worried at Kaori who was being carried on Keiji's back. Kaori's reply regarding that was......

"Thank you for worrying. But, I'm fine. Because half of it was just me being spoiled."

To Kaori who declared that boldly as she floated a truly cheerful smile Shia appealed with "I'm jealous. Please switch places with me~," and Tio raised a broad smile with a "Hohoo," seemingly amused.