I | Adoptive Mother

— Location: Itadori residence

     ❝ALRIGHT, YUUJI. BEHAVE IN SCHOOL,❞ the woman with wine-red hair told her son as she inserted his lunchbox inside his bag. "It'll be a pity if I heard from your Principal you did something concerning your little club."

     "(Name), you sound like an old woman. We only have like 5 years age gap," the boy with salmon-like hair told his mother as he ate his breakfast.

     "I mean, I am your adoptive mother. Gotta act like one," she teased and patted his head. "I thought you got used to it since we've been living together for almost 3 years."

     "(Name)..."

     "Oh, don't be such a killjoy!"

(Name) Kafka, Itadori Yuuji's legal guardian, was a close relative from his father's side. Ever since his parents mysteriously disappeared and his grandfather was in the hospital, (Name) took over custody to take care of her young cousin.

     "Oh, hey, Yuuji!" (Name) called before he leaves. "Did Grandpa say anything? He didn't answer my calls... I even gave him a phone to contact us to avoid bothering a nurse."

     Itadori scratched his cheek, "He did say about joining club activities and enjoying it..." He replied. "He told us to not come."

     "Well, that's a pity. But then again, Grandpa is such a stubborn man like Uncle," she sighed, shrugging it off. "But anyways, what are your activities in the occult club? I've heard from the school there are no real-world-related activities to that club."

     "We'll... We'll find a way to get that off our shoulders!" Itadori exclaimed, waving his hands in the air dismissively. "See ya, sis!"

     "Oh... Alright, farewell and take care at school," (Name) waved her hands a little, watching her cousin leave the house.

— Location: K@FK@, (Name)'s Make-up shop

     "I wonder what type of makeup Yuuji needs," (Name) murmured as she checked her makeup store. "Maybe a foundation would be good for him or the lip balm since he has dry lips..."

     She then grabbed her temple, "I'll just worry about this later. I have other things to focus on," she added, returning the makeup supplies to their aisle. "I still have classes later in the afternoon..."

(Name) didn't have any parents to grow up with, same situation as her cousin. After an accident, her parents passed away, leading her to be an independent woman—working at an early age and sustaining her needs by her sweat and tears. She once also had another job, yet chose to leave it behind due to the unfortunate events it can bring to her personal life...

     "How much is this lip gloss?" A familiar voice asked, catching (Name)'s attention. "This seems like a nice brand. I wanna buy a whole box, (Name)..."

     (Name) turned around, face to face with the person who wanted to buy her lip gloss, "Oh! It's you," she commented, smirking at her customer. "Gojo Satoru."

     "I'm glad you still remember me!" Gojo exclaimed, edging near the counter and leaning over. "A pity you left the Jujutsu society."

     (Name) gave a dramatic sigh and crossed her arms, "What can I say? I chose my path and I'm staying here," she exaggeratingly remarked. "I'm sure you people are enough to keep the world from the curses. I don't need to be in it since I have other things to take care of."

     Even beneath his blindfolded eyes, (Name) can tell Gojo rolled them from her statement. "Like what? Taking care of your cousin?" He asked, sighing in disappointment. "No offense, (Name), but you have the potential to be a Special Grade Sorcerer."

     "It's just a title, what can I do it? Eat it and feed it for the ones I'm sustaining for?" She asked, placing a finger on his nose and pushing him back to his personal space.

     "It gives you a salary, greater salary than selling this makeup supplies," he explained, looking through the aisles of (Name)'s shop. "The offer still stands, (Name). Can't say I didn't miss my favorite student."

     (Name) gave a light chuckle, "I don't care, really. I would like a simple and peaceful life, away from Jujutsu Sorcerers," she defended herself. "Anyways, are you still buying the whole box of this lip gloss? I can take your order right away, just give me a sweet second."

     Once (Name) turned around to get to the backroom, she didn't expect Gojo to continue. "Are you afraid to repeat what happened to your adoptive twins?" He asked, making her stop in her tracks. "Stelle and Caelus... Does it ring a bell?"

Stelle and Caelus, the adoptive twins (Name) once had suffered the same fate as her parents but with different deaths. She saved the twins in an auction, taking them as her own, and became an early mother to sustain their needs. She loved them despite being unrelated, but she never expected them to live so shortly...

     "... Don't remind me of that. I have put it all in my past," (Name) told him before continuing to walk inside the door leading to the backroom. "Now, if you'll excuse me."

Even though her back was against Gojo, he knew he hit a nerve and she was just good at hiding it. She was a facade that was hard to break, an enigma unknown to even him. He's aware of her potential, which was a great help for them due to the number of curses spawning like mad due to the negative emotions people give...

     After a minute of waiting, (Name) returned behind the counter and placed the box of lipgloss over the counter. "Cash or credit card?" She asked, smiling at him.

————————————————

❝A STORY HIDDEN BENEATH HER ALLURING SMILE.❞