Chapter 1

That was years ago. It was the last memory I had of my mom before HE took us away.

I'm now in my second year of high school. And obviously Patrick is in 8th grade. After school ended that year our "dad" took us to Maine. We had to start fresh. Patrick's school was close to my school so I would always pick him up after school. Speaking of which I was on my way to pick him up now.
------------------------------------------------- I pull up to the car line, and I quickly place Patrick's name card on my dash board. The teacher walking past calls his name and walks down the line calling other kids as she goes. As usual I see my little brother stalk his way to the car. I don't blame him though. He became just like me, an outcast, a loner, a mute.

What I see next surprises me though. As he hurriedly pulls up his hoodie, I catch a glimpse at his eye. It's swollen and a sick purple color. Patrick and I only talked to each other, so we weren't TOTAL mutes. "Who did that?" I whisper angrily, "no one" Patrick whispers shamefully.

I look out my window and see two boys laughing and pointing at Patrick and I. I grab an airhorn out of the glove compartment. Patrick immediately covers his ears as I fire the thing at the two boys. They give me a pissed off "I will kill you for that" look. I flip them off before smiling like a bitch and driving off.

Patrick smiles a little as we drive off. "Pussies" I whisper more to myself than Patrick. I play whatever CD happens to be in the player as we drive. It just so happen to be the Just Like You album by Falling In Reverse. I sing along to the songs that are playing, acting a little bit goofy to cheer up my little brother. He giggles a little bit. We pull up to the light which has turned red. I grab a cigarette out from my bag and light it. I inhale deeply as I crank up the volume on my radio and start to dance a little. I glance at Patrick who is mumbling the lyrics to God If You Are Above. I nudge him smiling as the light changes to green.

Patrick can't help but laugh. We both start singing like idiots and air drumming, (don't worry I was only drumming with one hand).