Chapter 5

The following weeks after that night were some of the most sexually tense that Aurelia had ever experienced. Every time she saw Brina in the hallway or class she just stared. Most of the time just smoldering eye contact. But occasionally her eyes would drop down to her legs if she was wearing a skirt, or down to her cleavage on the days she wore low cut shirts. Skirts and low cut shirts quickly became the more frequent things she wore. But no matter what she wore, she didn't talk to her. She texted her, sure. But there was no flirting, no innuendos. She hadn't even called her Princess since that night. Aurelia didn't know what game she was playing but she wasn't about to lose. "Have you considered, I don't know, talking to her?" Lyra suggested through a bite of her sandwich. When Aurelia had confessed and told Lyra that there was in fact something going on between her and Brina, she had been happy but not at all surprised. Aurelia scoffed and said "Yeah right. That's what she wants." Lyra cocked her head and asked "And why is that a bad thing?" "Because Lyra, then she wins. And I never lose." Lyra tucked some of her thick platinum blonde coils behind her ear and mumbled "You lost your virginity." Aurelia gasped indignantly and threw a balled up napkin at her. Lyra laughed as Charlie slid onto the bench beside her, wrapping and arm around her shoulder and kissing her cheek.

Aurelia thought they made an adorable couple and she was truly happy for them. They had quickly started dating once Charlie had worked up the nerve to actually make a move. And she couldn't say she minded the addition to their lunch table. Especially since Brina was usually with Charlie, and Charlie was usually with Lyra. Speak of the devil, Brina sat down next to Aurelia while she teased "Jeez, get a room you two." Charlie flipped Brina off and dug into her lunch. "Hey Aurelia." Brina greeted politely. "Hello Brina." Aurelia said cooly. "So Brina. Have you done anything interesting lately?" Lyra asked with an innocent smile on her face. Aurelia kicked her under the table as Brina hummed in thought. "I guess I'm working on that research paper for Harrison. Does that count as interesting?" Lyra gasped in what was clearly fake enthusiasm and said "Why yes that is interesting. Because our dear little Ellie here also has to do the research paper for Harrison. Aurelia hated the flutter in her chest when Brina's thigh slid right up against hers. "Oh really? Well I've been having a really rough time on mine." Brina said. "I could help!" Aurelia said a little too quickly. She cleared her throat and said "I mean, if you're really having a hard time I also need to work on mine so maybe we could possibly work on them together." Aurelia looked up at her and saw that she was grinning, her deep blue eyes shining bright. "I'd love that Princess."

Aurelia was a bundle of nerves as she walked up the driveway to Brina's front door. She'd been to her house before but that was for a party, and since she had been in heat it was all a sexually charged blur. Now she took the time to take mental notes. The house was huge. Everyone in town knew that Brina's father was the owner of Daciana enterprises, and judging from the size of the house he did a pretty good job. The three story house was in different shades of grey and white with triangular arches all around it. Aurelia noted that there weren't too many windows and the yard itself was manicured. The only thing decorating the lawn was a electric toy car, big enough for two kids to sit in. She knocked on the door and waited for a reply. A boy with blonde hair just like Brina's opened the door. He looked to be about twelve and came up to about Aurelia's chest. "Uh hi I'm here to see Brina. I'm Aurelia." He looked her up and down and said "Huh. She usually doesn't bring them to the house. Come on in." Aurelia couldn't help but notice the strange comment and walked inside past him. "I'm Liam. Her room is up the stairs and last door on the right." "Thank you Liam." She headed up the stairs, getting deja vu from the party. As she headed up the stairs a girl a couple years younger than her started down the stairs. She paused and stared at Aurelia obviously confused. She had dark brown hair and heavy black eyeliner. "Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Aurelia. I'm here to study with Brina." The girl scoffed and said "Sure. Study." Without introducing herself she continued down the stairs as Aurelia went on to Brina's room. She knocked on the last door on the right and tried not to laugh as it sounded like Brina fell off her bed. She opened the door and said "You were supposed to text me when you got here. Brina was wearing a loose black t shirt and grey sweatpants. Aurelia felt slightly overdressed in her white pleated skirt and pink button up sweater. She crossed her arms and said "I'm capable of walking into a house by myself." "Yeah but did you meet any of my siblings?" "Yeah. Two of them. And they were perfectly nice." Brina scoffed and said "Yeah I'm sure." She opened the door wider so she could come in. Aurelia set her back pack down on the bed and started taking out her stuff. "So what subject are you researching?" She asked as she pulled out a notebook. "The industrial revolution." Brina answered. "Really? So did I. So where are you at in it?" "Oh I finished like a week ago." "What?! Then why did you want me to help you on it." Brina flopped onto her bed next to Aurelia and said "I don't need help. I thought you were being shy and wanted to come over." She said it like it was obvious. "Psh why would I want to come over?" Aurelia asked. Brina shrugged and said "You tell me." "Well I thought you needed help." "Yeah but even then we could have met up in the library. You were the one who wanted to come to my house." Aurelia looked down and mumbled something. "What was that sweetheart?"