Flames on Ice - Max Verstappen ❄️🍋

"Sooo what do you say?" your bestfriend smiles as she pours you another glass.

"No way, not if Max is going."

"Oh come on! Think of this as a bonding activity."

"I'd rather bond with my toaster."

"You know, you and Max actually have a lot in common,"

you let out an audible gasp before shaking your head."Absolutely NOT, Max is nothing but a self-centered prick, and if it wasn't for him being besties with your boyfriend, I wouldn't be anywhere near him."

She gives you a little disappointed pout. "Come on, Y/N, it'll be weekend getaway!  Besides, it's not like you two are going to be attached at the hip the entire time. It's just one cabin, and we'll spend most of the time on the slopes anyway. Please?"

You roll your eyes but finally give in, thinking that a weekend of awkward interactions with Max is a small price to pay for a little holiday.

"What's the worst that can happen?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

The drive to the ski resort was just as annoying as you imagined, filled with Max making snarky comments and you responding with equally sharp retorts.

When you finally arrive, the crisp mountain air and snow take your mind off your brewing dislike for Max. The grandeur of the ski resort is evident as you approach the cabins, nestled against the picturesque backdrop of snow-covered peaks.

Your best friend leads you to the cabin assigned to your group, and as the door swings open, you're met with a luxurious and cozy interior. The spacious living room boasts a stone fireplace, surrounded by plush sofas and a massive window that showcases the beautiful mountains in the horizon. The kitchen is well-equipped with modern appliances, and a wooden dining table sits invitingly under a stylish chandelier.However, your enthusiasm fades as you realize the sleeping arrangements.

Your best friend pairs off with her boyfriend, leaving you with the unsettling realization that you'll be sharing a cabin with Max. The horror and annoyance is evident on your face, but Max seems unfazed, wearing a smirk that only fuels your irritation.

"Its nice, no?"

"Please tell me you're staying in a different cabin."

"Afraid not, Y/N. Looks like we're bunkmates for the weekend."

"Great. Just what I needed – a cozy weekend with Mr. Sunshine himself."

"Oh come on, consider yourself lucky. Not everyone gets the privilege of my company."

You resist the urge to roll your eyes, taking a moment to appreciate the luxurious surroundings even as Max's presence threatens to ruin the experience.

"I hope this cabin has separate bedrooms. I don't want want to catch your arrogance while I'm trying to sleep."

"Oh I'm sure you'll find a way to survive.", he smiles at you before volunteering to take your suitcase to the door.

As the day goes bye you find yourself enjoying the skiing and the company of everyone but Max of course. 

"Are you actually going to ski or are you just going to make snow angels", he asks making you scoff in response. "I'll be down there before you"

As the group gathers at the top of the mountain, Max smirks confidently, his eyes gleaming with mischief, before expertly gliding down the steepest slope, executing daring jumps and elegant turns. You watch as Max effortlessly carves through the snow, displaying a level of skill that impresses everyone, including you. Yeah you were good but there was no way you could beat him to the bottom.