Part 2 - Killian

He said I have till the end of the month to get her to him. Or else I don't get my freedom back.

Recently, my crew and I have fallen under capture by Hades. He demands I bring him a girl, but not just any girl. A mere mortal from another realm named Gracelyn Marino.  

I have been watching her and mapping her behavior for five weeks now. She doesn't trust easily. We only a months time before we present her to Hades, so I have to work fast. 

"Sam, get me the map." I call on board to my first mate. Sam Smigel. We are currently docked in a isolated Marina just out of Kingston. On this mission, I only brought a quarter of my best crew members. The rest I left in their prison with Hades and the demon-dogs.

Sam and I walk to my office where we lock the doors shut. 

"Aye, Captain. How was your first day of school," Sam teased, handing me the map. 

"I'll put my hook through your hand, Sam. Don't test me." I threatened my best mate. He holds his hands up in defense. I removed my cosmetic hand and screw my hook back in.

"Magic Map, show me Gracelyn Marino." I sprinkle Fairy dust over the map. A good fairy friend of mine from Neverland had given me a stash to make my job a bit easier. 

"What does he even want with the girl? She's not from our realm." Sam remarks.

"I don't know. Do you want to get back to getting riches and sailing as far as the eye can see?" I snap on him.

"Aye Captain."

"I have a months time left. Only a months time, if we go over that I won't have a bloody soul. I will be down there forever and you won't have a captain, you won't be able to sail or loot. So stop asking questions and let's just do the bloody task."

I had to learn from a young age to be a captain. My father died not less than six months ago at sea. We hadn't noticed the dangerous storms rolling in. We weren't prepared. Before the ship went down my father claimed me as captain.

Only half the crew remained alive, I was only newly seventeen years.

"Aye Captain."

The map draws out Gracelyn's location. A local burger house.

"Sam, come with me. We have business to attend to. Go change into these." I throw a pair of jeans and a t-shirt at him.  

"Aye, Captain. Who shall look after the crew?" Sam is always in charge when I'm not present.

"I have it covered." I stride out of the office to see my men swashing the deck.

"Ahoy! Victor!" I call up to where Victor, one of my youngest yet most responsible crew members. He was using a telescope to spot incoming ships.

Victor was only twelve, yet his combat skills and determination was stronger than some of my oldest crew members. He could even come close to beating me. He is a true future leader.

"Ahoy Captain! No incoming ships here!"

"Aye, thank you Victor! You're in charge of the crew! I have business to attend to with Sam!" 

"Aye Captain!" Victor grips a rope and swings down with no trouble. He puts on his hats and stomps his boot.

"Ahoy! Captain says I'm in charge! All hands on deck crew!" Victor hollers. The crew gives him skeptical looks.

"Listen to the boy." I yell. The crew comes running. They line up, shoulder to shoulder in front of Victor.

He looks them up and down, eyeing each and every one of them.