i

❝IT BURNS, MAMA

❝IT BURNS, MAMA...❞

❝STELLE, WHERE ARE YOU?!❞

❝MAMA, IT HURTS! HELP!❞

❝CAELUS?! DEAR, MAMA'S HERE, WHERE ARE YOU TWO?!❞

(Name) was in an auditorium, searching for her missing twin children since they were kidnapped when she was out for her studies and duty as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. She didn't know who was the kidnapper, but she knew it was a curse and tried to track it down—she was unsuccessful.

❝CAELUS? STELLE? MAMA'S HERE TO SAVE YOU. TELL MAMA WHERE YOU ARE—❞

She stopped when the middle of the auditorium had a spotlight, revealing a burnt spot. She couldn't see who was there clearly due to how far it was, but her gut feeling says it's something she wouldn't like.

One.

Two.

Three.

So on and so forth, she took the last step that could give her a good view of who was on the ground.

(Name) gasped when she saw her twin children lying on the ground, motionless. No one would've recognized the children, but she did—she remembered their school uniform when they disappeared yesterday and their matching blue bracelets.

A normal person would've covered their mouth from how brutal they look now or even thrown up because of their guts almost falling off—they're burnt to a crisp, their face distorted, and only a few features of them remain recognizable.

(Name) reached for their small heads as she knelt beside them, pulling them close to her. She didn't care about the blood staining her outfit nor their mangled body, all she cared about was to hug the children she didn't manage to save in time.

❝CAELUS... STELLE... I'M SO SORRY...❞

She whispered, holding their heads against her chest as her tears wouldn't fall but her pain and misery were overwhelming her poor body. They were only children, too young to die and experience the cruelty of this unfair world.

❝(NAME), ARE YOU OKAY?❞

She woke up in a jolt, heavily breathing as she grabbed her chest. She looked beside her, staring at the one responsible for waking her up from the nightmare.

❝I'M ALRIGHT. JUST A NIGHTMARE... THANK YOU, YUUJI.❞

————————————————

❝I FAILED AS A MOTHER ONCE... I DON'T KNOW IF I'LL FORGIVE MYSELF IF I FAIL MY SECOND CHANCE.❞