Chapter 1: Summer

I'm Bonnie Maple Age 10 and a half, born on January 3rd, 2003. I live in New York. It's been 10 years since my dad left, he wasn't ready to raise a kid, he was only a high-school sophmore. Mom blames it on me, even though it was her idea to have me, she barely feeds me and only gets me new clothes every 2 years or so. I had to teach myself to read and write and mostly everything since she refused to pay for school supplies and didn't even want to sign me up for school. what a jerk. I had a lot of books and I love listening to music, my mom at least has the extra money to buy me an IPhone and a laptop.

I woke up today, June 10th, 2013 to my mom shoving my things into a bag. Was she finally putting me up for adoption? Thank GOD! "You're going to Gravity Falls, Oregon for the summer, that way I can get some peace and quiet" Mom said harshly, as if reading my thoughts. Gosh darn-it. I didn't dare try to protest as she would've just slapped me and screamed at me for 10 minutes straight. After she finished shoving my belongings into the bag she tossed it to me. "The Bus will be here in 2 minutes. "Get something out of the kitchen to eat and beat it" Mom snarled, I nodded and walked to the kitchen, I grabbed a granola bar and walked out the door with my bag.

The Bus arrived 30 seconds later and I boarded, immediately walking to the back of the bus. after a day I switched buses onto another one, after an hour I was reading the books in my bag and listening to music on my IPhone, two other kids, seemingly twins, boarded the bus, The Girl was wearing a bright, glittery sweater while the boy had a more mundane outfit on. The Girl spotted me and waved, then started to walk to the back of the bus, her brother followed her. Luckily I just got new clothes last week so I didn't look like a runaway, The girl started to talk to me "Hi! I'm Mabel Pines, this is my brother, Dipper!" She said, her brother, 'Dipper', waved silently. "Hi, I'm Bonnie, Bonnie Maple." I replied, waving back "Awesome name! Are you going to Gravity Falls too?" Mable asked me "Yeah actually, I'm gonna stay there for the summer." I responded, "Cool! We are too! Maybe we could hang out!" Mabel said, her energy was extremely happy, as you'd expect for a kid. Mabel and Dipper sat next to me on the bus and we talked for most of the ride, we got to know each other but I was careful not to tell them about my abusive mother. They told me how they came here last summer and spent it with their Great-Uncles 'Grunkles'  Stanley and Stanford. I told them about the stories I write on my laptop and let them read the ones I had fully finished. They gave me some suggestions for new stories and I wrote them down so I could use them later, I showed them the drawings of the story characters and told them how I came up with them. 9 hours later the bus got to Gravity Falls Oregon, I told them I was off to the Motel and we exchanged phone numbers before parting ways.

I got to The Motel and went to get money from my bag before realizing my mom didn't give me any money, I frowned and turned away from the Motel doors. I decided to go to the park to calm down for a few minutes, then I'd find out what to do. I sat there for a few minutes, just thinking of what to do for now, I'd figure it out at some point.