akian - "Why You and Not Me.."

(Childhood friends to lovers AU
- Angst)

(Little An's pov:)

I was waiting at the usual playground for a specific person. My best friend Akito.

Dad was too busy with his stupid stuff for work so I went to the playground by myself.

"Akito!!" I shouted as I saw him run towards me. I got off the swing and ran to hug him.

His eyes glistened as he saw me as well.

"An-chan!" Akito said as he returned my hug. I gave a huge smile.

I let go of the hug and stood beside him. His green eyes were so cool with my amber ones.

"Akito-kun! I missed you sooo much!" I smiled.

"Me too! Let's make this the funnest playdate ever!!" He smiled with me.

For hours, me and Akito were playing together at the playground. We played a bunch of fun games as well, but night was approaching soon and our fun had to end eventually.

(7:30 pm)

"Rahhh, I'm a very scary ghost!" Akito started walking around like a zombie. I was laughing at his act.

"Ahahaha! Silly Akito, that's not how a ghost acts! That's a zombie." I giggled.

He also laughed and laid down in the grass of the sunset sky. I took it upon myself and laid down beside him.

"An-chan?" Akito asked me as we looked at the pink and orange sky.

"Yeah, Aki?" I replied.

"My older sister made us matching bracelets. Here, this star one is for you!" Akito pulled the bracelets out his pocket and slipped it onto my wrist.

I smiled at him and hugged him.

"Thank you, Aki! I love it!" I squealed in joy. He hugged me back as well.

"Akito! Time to go!" I hear his mother call out.

"Okay!.." He replied. Looking over to sit up beside me and seeing my scrunched up face. He always knew that I hated goodbyes.

He felt pitiful to me and gave me a long hug. My tears seeped into the fabric of his light yellow hoodie.

"Don't be sad for me okay..? We can hang out together again.." He embraced me, petting my hair to soothe me. Soon enough, my tears stopped running.

"Akito! Let's go. Now." His mother said sternly. He obliged and waved goodbye to me, starting my walk home, as i teared up while walking.

(Little Akito's pov:)

I was holding my mother's hand as we walked home from the playground. I wanted to see An again.

"Mama, when can I play with An again?-" I asked her, she just gave a cold expression.

"You're not allowed to play with that child again. You've been spending too much time with her and not practicing soccer enough." I hear her say, which made me upset.

"That's unfair! An is my best friend, you can't do that!" I shouted at her.

"Shout at me again and you're grounded. I don't care if you want to see her again or not." I pouted at my mother.

I didn't wanna forget An and I'd hate for her to think that I abandoned her and left for good. But I was not gone all along.

(Shinonome Household - 8:20 pm)