9

we love some side-character angst

***

"There you are." Taehyun said with a hand over his full mouth. "I thought you were gonna abandon me for Beomgyu hyung or something."

"Nah, I would never." Soobin said, sat down next to his friend and opened his lunch. But he found himself poking around the rice with his chopsticks, not bothering to actually eat it.

Did something happen between Huening Kai and Beomgyu?

Does Yeonjun hyung know about it?

Why does no one ever tell me anything?

Yeonjun hyung told me he would inform me if anything important happened...

Did he forget?

Or does he just not want to?

"..." Soobin lowered his head, guilt washing over him. Why am I questioning Yeonjun hyung's intentions? I trust him with my whole heart...

But...

Does he trust me?

"...hyung, are you ok?" Taehyun asked softly, noticing that his friend looked down. "Do you want to go eat somewhere else? Should I call Yeonjun hyung?"

"No, no, I'm ok." Soobin forced a smile. "How was class? You have a project with Huening Kai, right?"

"Oh, yeah." Taehyun nodded. His lips twitched upwards, a small blush coating his cheeks. "Actually..."

"Did something happen?" Soobin said teasingly. 

"Nothing special!" Taehyun waved it off defensively, only to put his head in his hands and groan loudly a few seconds later.

"...his smile is so cute..."

***

Soobin stared at his phone, all the information he had just received jumbled up in his head. He hadn't checked his phone until the end of the day after lunch, and when he did, he was in for a surprise.

"...so that's what happened." Soobin said to himself, relieved to finally know the situation. Huening Kai (Beomgyu?) and Beomgyu (Huening Kai?) had taken turns sending him long texts, explaining what was happening and how it happened. 

And then Yeonjun had also texted him, telling him to come over so he could see for himself. 

Should I though?

Soobin clutched his phone close to his chest. He was standing outside the school, shivering from the cold, although he was bundled up in his winter gear.  Everybody else had gone home, including Taehyun.

"W-wait..." Soobin's brain short-circuited. Taehyun told me earlier that Huening Kai's smile was cute...but that was technically Beomgyu...how did Beomgyu act in Huening Kai's body? It should be fine because Taehyun just said his smile, and not his personality...but this could get a whole lot more complicated....

"I guess I should go." Soobin trudged along the sidewalk towards the direction of Yeonjun's house. With each step he slowed down, becoming more and more doubtful.

Finally, he stood in front of the door, his hand hovering over the knob. He could hear a few people talking inside - Yeonjun, Beomgyu, and Huening Kai, for sure.

Should I go in?

The door suddenly slammed open and Yeonjun poked his head out, his faded pink hair fluffing up in all directions and blood trickling from his nose. "Soobinie! You're here!" he grabbed his arm and dragged him inside.