Backstage Entry

It was a rainy Saturday night in Vancouver, but a little rain wasn't going to stop Y/N from earning a bit of cash. Y/N had been doing concert photography for a year now. They really enjoyed getting to go to all sorts of concerts and summarize their experience. It was a calming job and an easy way to earn extra money.

Y/N pulled on a pair of baggy jeans and an oversized hoodie. Casual and comfortable. Just the way they liked it. Y/N went into spotify and typed "Mother Mother" in the search bar. The first song to appear was "Hayloft". Y/N pressed play and listened. It was a catchy song. Y/N always listens to the band they're about to photograph. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Y/N arrived at the venue they were playing at early so they decided to walk around a bit. Since they were the photographer for the night they were allowed backstage. Y/N slowly walked through the hallway backstage. "It's so quiet" Y/N thought to themself.

They made their way all the way down the hallway to last door. Y/N heard a man's quiet humming and a guitar being played behind the door. It sounded pleasant, and the man had a voice like an angel. Y/N took a peek through the crack of the door and saw a tall man with messy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

Y/N stared in awe until the man looked up and saw them standing there. "You a fan?" The man questioned as Y/N stood speechless. "Oh, uh, no I'm just your photographer for tonight" They replied. He got up and walked towards Y/N. He towered over Y/N and looked them in the eyes. "Ah, well in that case, hello my name is Ryan. I'm the lead singer and guitarist for Mother Mother. What's your name?" Ryan grabbed Y/N's hand and shook it enthusiastically. "I'm Y/N. You have a beautiful voice by the way." Y/N mustered up the courage to compliment Ryan.

Ryan smiled warmly at them. "Well thank you, that was just a song I've been working on. It's not finished, but it's getting there."

"Ryan! We need you in here! We go on soon and we wanna make sure everything and everyone is ready before we go on." A woman shouted from the other room. "Coming Molly!" Ryan shouted back. "It's was real nice to meet you Y/N, hopefully we can talk more again you seem real sweet." "Good luck Ryan!" Y/N said as Ryan walked out the room.