𝐏𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐎

It had become unbelievably hot inside of the container, sweat dripping from strands of their hair and drenching the clothes on their backs. To anyone who was claustrophobic, that would have been their worst nightmare.

Afternoon had reached properly, the sun being at its peak and no clouds in the sky to defend them all from it but the train cart.

Hair had been tied up and jackets thrown off to decrease their body temperature but even then, the slightest movement would cause another sweat to come over them, something they couldn't afford with the fact that they had no water or food on them.

Rick had took control of the group and their 'mission to escape' and so far, they were all sharpening belts, chains and zippers in hopes that they could use that as a weapon against the men with assault rifles but the group had hope in Rick so Elicia did too.

Abraham and Daryl had been put on duty to watch through the gaps in the doors and be on lookout. Commotion was heard outside, a group of male voices having an argument as Daryl informed the group, "Alright, there are five of them pricks coming our way."

Everyone stood up and put themselves into position as Rick walked towards the door first, "You all know what to do. Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

Elicia pushed Charlie behind her and in the corner, the furthest away from any danger if their plan ended up going south.

"Put your backs to the wall at either end of the car. Now!" Someone shouted from outside, Rick signalling for no one to move from their position.

Banging and footsteps were heard from above, a hatch opening up and a metal canister being thrown in as Abraham shouted, "Move!" And pushed everyone away.

A ball of white smoke covered their view of each other, the only sound being their distant coughs and the side door opening to the outline of someone in a hazmat suit.

They all continued coughing, their breathing being laboured and eyesight fuzzy but that all moved away from Elicia as she was pushed forcefully outside of the container and to the ground.

Sound had become muffled for her, voices being indistinct and her sight blurry but it had all stopped when she felt a force come in contact with the side of her head, knocking her out of consciousness.

The sound of a saw had brung the girl back to her senses as she was dragged across a tiled floor and forced to sit up on her knees between Daryl and Glenn. At that point, Elicia had noticed the rag that was wrapped around her mouth and the uncomfortable feeling of zipties tying her wrists together behind her back.

Bob, Rick, Daryl, Ellie, Glenn and four others were lined up against a trough, them all being tied up the same and awaiting what would happen next at the hands of Gareth and his people.

A man stood near Rick, had begun sharpening his knives as he stood wearing an apron, black rubber gloves and a pair of ski goggles. Another was behind Daryl and Elicia, swinging a baseball bat back and forth slowly as if he was playing golf with it.

The sight of the room made the teenage girl want to puke but she was unable to do that due to the rag in her mouth so instead she swallowed the acidic saliva back down and looked away from the pale bodies that lay on tables with their limbs missing.

Those same two men stopped what they had been doing as Gareth gestured for them to get started as they began at the furthest end of the line near the strangers, using the baseball bat to knock them out with one clean swing and slice their throats open, allowing blood to drain from his upper body and gush down into the metal trough in front of them all.

Strangled screams were let out, Elicia squeezing her eyes closed and silently praying for her life to not end like that or atleast Charlie's.

Daryl looked away from the scene, his black eye being more evident in the light and so the girl focused on that instead and how he got it so she wouldn't think about what was happening right beside her and how guilty she felt for not being able to help.