hi

Around the fire sat Okamura and Eiji, sitting in silence as they watched their surroundings. The building they took residence in was old and decaying— Which made it the perfect place to hang around. Not a word was spoken for a while, as the two were occupied in thought. One watched the stars, looking up through the cracks in the windows. While the other looked down, watching the crackles of the fire jolt up like popcorn. Despite the different directions they stared, their minds were ultimately in the same place. Thinking the same things. Stuck on the same page.

In an attempt at breaking the ice, Okamura tilted his pale head down, looking towards Eiji. Dangling gently over the fire, his wispy brown hair hung over his forehead, the rest trickling down his neck. The moonlight danced across the top of his dulled hair so perfectly... It was hard for him to not admire it. Staring so long, he forced himself to break out of his haze. Letting his knee slide from his chest, a frown met his face. His fingers crept up his knee and fell back down as he wondered what to say; much more, how to say it. It was even considered there's possibly nothing much to say anyways. Things were undeniably difficult for them, at that. Eiji wasn't the easiest to talk to, nor was he. Fights constantly arose between the two of them from normal conversations. Once one of them got started, another one had to finish it off fast. It made softer moments like these harder to savor. A fight could arise and break the whole mood, you could never predict it from either of them.

Crossing one arm over his knee, Okamura tilted his head to the side, listening to the night's breeze. Out in the rural parts of Shibuya, everything was silent. It was the raw part of the city. No government, no people, just them and nature. It was perfect. And, it was better that way. Maybe he'd bring that up to Eiji. He never asked about this part of town yet.

"Eiji," Breaking the silence, Okamura questioned, watching him glance up. "Do you like it here?"

"I guess. It's not any different from where we were earlier, I don't know what's there to like." Nonchalantly, he responded, looking up to face Okamura as they spoke. He never considered how he felt about this place yet, as it felt the same as the city. To him, it was all ruins. Shibuya was ruin filled, overridden by the undead, leaving it a threat to live there normally. Even if it was ruins, it had its nice parts, but it was scarce. Lighting never struck in the same place after all. The rural landscapes Okamura showcased to him felt all the same as anywhere else, which made it hard to label if he liked it or not. It was decaying, and overridden by undead as well. The only reason it was slightly indifferent was...

"You should like it here. There's a lot to like about it." He responded warmly, playing with his white hair gently. As strange as it was, he wasn't in the mood to snap back at Eiji. Okamura felt comfortable right now. Surrounded by the environment he loves most, and having someone in it with him.. It felt right to be nice. He'd never admit it though.

"Like what?" Eiji bounced back quickly, a hint of genuine wonder in his voice. It wouldn't hurt to hear what was so likable about this area. Maybe he could come to see it too. As he waited, he tapped gently on his knee, watching Okamura think of what there is to like. If he really had to think about it, what good is there?

However, it wasn't that Okamura was at some type of loss of words. It was only the opposite. To him, the ruins were indifferent to the city. The way he saw it was through a different lense. Eiji might think it's all the same. Worn down, withering, and rural. But to him, it was beautiful. The sun gazed in perfectly every morning through the cracks in the drywall, beaming off the shattered glass. You could hear all the sounds around you. Birds chirping, the breeze through the trees, even the sound of your own thoughts from how quiet it was. Even more, the view of the sky from here was truly to die for. On the very top floor, where the ceiling is completely demolished and the walls began to crumble, the sky is all to see. Stars twinkling so gracefully, the moon highlighting the sky, nothing compares. Without a doubt, Okamura could go on, and on, but it'd be for nothing. He was completely unsure of how to even say what he wanted to.