Chapter III "Spirit's Beheld"

Hulda continued to explore the seemingly endless void for quite a while, waiting for something to happen. The longer She explored the more Her boredom grew.

Hulda let out a long sigh before the alarm began to sound, She jumped a little out of the sudden loud noise & immediately checked one of the monitors,
"What the hell?" Hulda scratched Her head a little as She looked at the monitor, the monitor displayed a radar with multiple dots heading quickly towards the ship. "That does not look ideal." Seeker let out a low & nervous chuckle as a loud bang could be heard from behind the ship. Hulda jumped & immediately started pressing a few buttons on the console,
"OKAY OKAAAAAAAAAAY TIME TO GET OUTTA HERE!" Hulda chuckled nervously as well & sat back down on Her seat, gripping the two control sticks & pushing Them forwards as hard as She could.

"HEY UH, COMPUTER! WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE?" Hulda was panicking out of Her mind, the ship wouldn't budge no matter how hard She tried,
"It appears that a large object is pulling the ship back with immense strength, I would recommend activating the hyperdrive to counter this." The ship's AI suggested as a monitor displayed what was happening outside, the ship was being pulled back by a set of long, black, & slithery-like arms.

Hulda's eyes widened & She began flicking a few switches to activate the hyperdrive. Seeker hopped off Hulda's shoulder & began pressing a few of the console's buttons with it's legs, it then projected a large & green holographic compass from one of it's antennas, "What are You doing?!" Hulda exclaimed as She watched the Seeker do it's work. "Saving Us, obviously." Seeker replied. The needle of the holographic compass then began spinning uncontrollably, Seeker stood there for a moment, almost as if it was searching for a location. The dark green part of the needle stopped on South West North & Seeker immediately began inputting coordinates, flicking the hyperdrive jump switch shortly after.

The shuttle sped up even faster than the first jump, sooner or later it entered hyperspace. Hulda rested back on Her chair, letting out a sigh of relief as Seeker returned to Her shoulder, "Hey, You okay?" Seeker asked with concern as it poked Hulda's cheek with one of it's metallic crab legs. Hulda let out a low & exhausted chuckle then turned to Seeker with a smile,
"Yeah, thanks bud. Just panicked a little back there, Y'know?" Hulda appreciated Seeker's concern, even though They just met She was starting to like it's company already. "Only a little." Seeker mocked & laughed as the beautiful view of hyperspace lightened the mood a little.