Part 1

The town was bustling with a crowd of people rushing back home after one hectic day. A tall guy held his cup of cappuccino tightly as he made his way through the sea of people. His messy, jet-black hair kept falling in front of his hazel brown eyes that reflected the beautiful golden rays of the setting Sun. He couldn't wait to get home and finally finish the journal he has been working on for the entire week. After about half an hour of the usual struggle in the bus, he was very relieved to settle down on his comfy bed, with his laptop perched on his knees.

Caro was a young journalist in his mid-twenties. He was very passionate about his job and loved to publish stories about people's lives; especially experiences of survivors of certain events. His latest work that was about to be published in a few days was about Adam Thomson, one of the few remaining people who lives to tell the tale of how they survived during the old days of terrorism.

Before he knew it, Caro was typing away in his laptop as he recollected his interview that morning with the late Mr. Thomson...

'1952. An eight year old, bespectacled boy with brown, unkempt hair stood still as a statue as he stared at the clear, blue sky with his emerald green, dreamy eyes.

"-am! Adam!"

It took him awhile to hear his five year old sister Amelia as she ran towards him, her brown curls bouncing on her shoulders. Amelia was a lovely little child, quite small for her age and loved creating mischief with her dear brother, Adam.

"Mom's calling you to get dressed so that we don't get late."

The Thomson family were packing their bags to go for a much awaited vacation.