Prologue

April 17 1979

As a woman passed through the doors to St. Mungo's, the hospital of Wizarding World Britain, a ripple effect ran across the timeline. It has been debated that a minor change now could cause a huge effect on the future. Or a butterfly flapping its wings in Mexico could cause a tsunami in Japan. This is better known as the Butterfly Effect. The woman, who in a similar timeline had stayed at home that night, had felt a strong urge to go to the wizarding hospital. Acting on this urge, she had begun the slow snowball of changes that would soon affect her, and others, future.

Many wizard and witch felt the backlash, although few would truly remember it happening. One of these wizards happened to be Albus Dumbledore, the elected Leader of the Light. Sitting in his office, feeling as if the weight of the world was on his shoulders, the wizard stiffened when then ripple passed through Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Albus looked to his phoenix, who responded with a delightful yet mysterious trill, giving the headmaster a feeling that a change in paces has occurred.

"Something has happened, Fawkes," spoke the wise wizard, "something, that I believe, will impact many things to come." The phoenix responded with an amused trill, confirming Albus's suspicions. Before he could say more, Mad Eye Moody poked his head through floo.

"Albus, there's been an attack at McKinnon Manor." The gruff Auror reported.

"Alert as many Order members as you can, Alastor." Dumbledore sent a message to Professor McGonagall, before heading towards the floo. He glanced once more at his phoenix familiar, "I can only hope we are not too late." Grabbing a handful of floo powder, Dumbledore left the office.

Miles away, Marlene McKinnon sat on a hospital bed, waiting for a healer.

However, to understand this story truly, it is best to start at the end of an era. As they say, the end is only the beginning.