XIV

it can kinda b annoying when ppl r like "columbina isn't blind" ok idc? this is an AU? none of the harbingers are in fucking college now are they? jus read the damn book and calm down
or whatever idk i'm being dramatic because i'm still gf-less

_____

Giggling your hand comes to softly nudge at your girlfriends shoulder. Arlecchino grumbles and buries her head impossibly closer to your neck. "Arle," You manage to whisper through giggles. "We've been in bed for hours..we should eat."

"I did eat," Arlecchino murmurs, kissing a spot on your neck. "A lot."

"Oh you're so gross," Your groan makes her chuckle, running at your waist like a toddler. "How dare you make jokes like that while I can't even feel my legs.."

Arlecchino hums softly and lifts her head, eyeing you with a playful smirk. "I think that means I did my job well, no?" You don't respond, probably due to the heat in your face. "That's what I thought."

She softly leans down and pecks your lips, before heaving a sigh. "But...I suppose you are right, my angel." Her hand softly moves to stroke your cheek.

"I'm always right.." You murmur.

Arlecchino raises a questionable brow. "Oh yes of course," Her eyes drift to your nightstand. "I suppose finishing your studying won't be hard then? Since you are always right, after all."

Um. "I have never spoken those words in my life."

A snicker leads to her sitting up, untangling from you in the process. She stretches and sighs, nodding off to the door. "Come on then, sweetheart. We'll eat first and then we'll have to get to work."

With her turning around, you hum gently and look up- choking. "Oh—" Your girlfriends back is completely littered in long red marks, the only empty spots being where her bra clasps in the back. A wave of guilt hits you, once you remember how much Rosalyne hated marks. With a shuffle up and a look away, you whisper. "You should um...check your back."

"Hm?" How she didn't feel them, you'd never know. Perhaps all of the adrenaline. Arlecchino quietly moves across the room while you stand and put on a larger shirt, holding your stomach with an all too familiar sense of soft dread. But her chuckle changes that. "Oh my, these are quite pretty.."

Look up and squinting your watch her look at her back in the mirror, eyes shown full of adoration. "You..." You hesitate, feeling so small. "You aren't mad I did that..?"

"Of course not," Arlecchino chides. "They're lovely. I'll wear them like a badge of honor, my angel. So cute.."

Her attention is mainly on the mirror now, so she doesn't hear when you quietly pad over to her. She does, however, jump softly when you plant a kiss on her shoulder and lean into her. "What's this about?"

"You're the best," You breathe. "You know that? I... thought for sure you'd be mad I marked you up..."

Arlecchino's arm wraps around your waist and pulls you closer. "I could never be mad at something so intimate," She places a gentle kiss on your head. "It just means i'm doing my job well, no? Best girlfriend in the world."

"The bestest," With a gentle breath and a few moments of enjoying her embrace, you softly pull away and look up to her. "Still, you should go to the bathroom and make sure none of them are too deep. Alright? I can make us some breakfast."

Arlecchino hums and kisses your head again. "Yes, my angel. I'll go do that. Be careful cooking."

She gently pulls away from you and wanders off, as she does you hum and head over to your very small kitchen- beginning to scan through items in your fridge. A few solid minutes pass as you settle on making simple pancakes, quietly humming when pans clank down onto your stove- feeling completely at peace with the soft domesticity of your current life.