one

Once lived a teenage girl in Malibu named Aurora. Her childhood was the best thing she ever experienced, until her parents divorced when she was ten. She has been surviving alone, she's been living alone ever since she turned fifteen and now she's seventeen. 

Since she doesn't have a lot of friends to talk with, she mostly talks to the stars. Her only friends are Alex, Lucy and her German Shepherd Layla. She loves spending time alone even though it's only her and Layla, but she loves their quality time together.

One day, at the school ice rink, Aurora is watching as their hockey team rehearses for their upcoming competition and Alex is the team captain. As Aurora is watching, a group of girls comes in her way of watching as they laugh and giggle and talk about how good looking Alex is. Aurora sighed and stood up before approaching the girls, "Excuse me but you're in the way of me watching. So please move somewhere else, thank you." Aurora said, politely to them.

One of the girls scoffs and goes in front of Aurora, Lauren is her name. Lauren stood in front of Aurora, "Who are you to boss around? A simple girl like you shouldn't be here, in fact you shouldn't have chosen to go to this school. It's way out of your league." She says to Aurora as the other girls laughed. 

She's right though, Aurora didn't want to school here in the first place, but Alex wants her in it, so she ended up here.

Aurora sighed, "Please, I want to watch them play." she says as she averts her gaze to the hockey team. Lauren pushes Aurora until she falls as Aurora stays quiet and doesn't say a word, "That's right, keep quiet, no, stay quiet you foreigner." Lauren says as she and her friends laughed at Aurora. She stands up slowly as she dust off the dust on her uniform and flinches when a hand lands on her shoulder, its Alex.

He saw what happened and decided to go and check on her, "Rora are you okay? I saw what happened, are you injured?" He asks, Rora is Aurora's nickname given by him, only Alex and Lucy calls her that. Aurora nods to assure him that she's okay. "I'm okay Alex dont worry, it was just a push." She told Alex. 

But since he knew his best friend like the back of his hand, he pulled her into a hug, "You keep saying that, even though you're not okay. So you need to stop saying that.." He said as he stroked her hair, "Come on, we need to at least check on you just in case okay?" without waiting for an answer, he pulled Aurora by her wrist and went in the school building to the infirmary.

When Alex finishes putting some ointment on Aurora's bruise, Lucy comes in with a smile. "What's up guys– Oh.." Lucy said, from a happy tone dropped to a sad one, "What happened to you Rora?" She asked and Aurora just simply shook her head. "Nothing serious happened to me Lucy." Aurora said with a small smile on her face. Lucy didn't buy anything she said but she decided to not to push it further.