two

When school ended, Aurora arrived back at home as she is immediately greeted by her one and only German Shepherd, Layla. Aurora laughed when Layla started barking and circling around her. She carried Layla in her arms, "I missed you too Layla." she said while smiling slightly. Aurora patted her head before putting her backpack on the shelf and was going to make dinner until her doorbell rang. Aurora gestured Layla to stay put and went to open the door.

When she opens the door, it reveals two of her favorite people, Lucy and Alex are on her doorstep. "Hey, what are you two doing here at this hour?" she asked them. "We're bored so we decided to go to your house and maybe, have a sleepover and to also study for tomorrow's exam?" Lucy asked her back with her puppy eyes, while Alex is too busy scrolling at his phone, studying for tomorrow's upcoming math exam. 

Aurora sighs, "Fine, just don't make a mess." She said before letting both of them in. (shes so patient :') )

Aurora POV:

As the two of my best friends entered my house and sat down in my living room, Layla started barking as she ran with her four legs to the front door. Me, who just came back from the kitchen with two mugs of hot chocolate, am confused about the situation that's happening currently. First, I gave the two mugs to both Alex and Lucy, then I walk towards the front door and open it, revealing the two people who I least wanted to meet. 

My parents, right in front of me, at my doorstep. lemme at em. is my head talking? no, i'm pure human as i recall correctly.

I ignore the voice in my head and keep my face neutral, as if I expected them to visit their daughter one day. "Aren't you going to let your parents in?" My mother asks me. I simply raised my eyebrow, "My parents? They died seven years ago. And I think you got the wrong house and person." I answered them. 

omg slay girl, you ate, no, devoured uh thanks..?

My mother was furious from my reply, as she was going to answer me back, she was stopped when my dad stepped in. "Stop this nonsense Aurora, let your parents in." He said sternly to me. I scoffed, they thought that I'm still scared? Well too bad 'cause I'm not scared anymore, "Let me repeat what I said, my parents died seven years ago. And you're in the wrong place to look for her." I said firmly this time as I didn't remove my gaze from my parents.

My mother is shocked by my courage that I gained when they're gone. All she remembers was her small, young, scared, anti-social daughter who she left. My mother just stood there, speechless, as my patience was decreasing. 

A few minutes passed by and when I was going to close the door on them, I was stopped by a hand blocking it. I looked up to see whose hand belonged to. And as if I saw a ghost, I was left completely shocked when I saw whose hand it belonged. 

"Are you really not going to let us in?"