Prolouge

Snippet from Eric's story; "Two Truths. One Lie."

I must've zoned out because I didn't even know my phone was ringing until Sinjae punched me in shoulder.

Gavin's name flashed across the screen. Yo fucking finally!

"I'll be right back." I said. The walk to the bathroom felt like an eternity, but my phone was still ringing when I closed the door behind me and answered.

I didn't give that nigga time to say nothing.

"Gavin, what the fuck?" Fuck a hi, I needed to know what he been doing all day, "If you mad about what I said, I was just playing you know."

"That's not why I called." He said, "Fai saw the messages. Again" He took a breath.

"So, what? It's over with y'all now, right? So who gives a fuck that he saw it?" Was I a terrible person for feeling good about this? Probably? Did I give a fuck? No.

I could have Gavin to myself now like before, and this time I wouldn't fuck it up.

"I don't know. That's not what I'm saying, E."

Way to kill all my excitement, Gavin, thank you.

I rolled my eyes because everything had to be so dramatic with him, "So what are you saying, Gavin?"

His breath was shaky, "...I can't keep putting him through this, Eric. I'm saying even if me and Fai are done or not...We're over. Me and you. For real this time."

I couldn't help, but laugh, "For real this time? Like all the other times we were over, right."

"Stop, Eric."

This is what I've been waiting all day to hear? That it was over. I've been sitting here wondering what the fuck I've done, where the fuck I went wrong and here he was worried about another nigga and his feelings.

"No, you stop! You do this all the time, Gavin. It's always Fiayaz this, Faiyaz that. Gavin, fuck him! What about me and what I feel!? My feelings don't matter no more?"

"He's my boyfriend!"

"So am I!" The words flew out of my mouth without a second thought.

There was a loud silence. The only thing to be heard was the sound of our labored breathing.

There was a sniffle on his head. Was he crying?

He let out a string of cursed before continuing, "...No, Eric. You're not."

The line went dead. My finger hit the green button again and it went straight to voicemail. I did the same thing three more times with the same fucking results. He fucking blocked me just that fast .

"Fuck!" I shouted, punching my hand down on the sink.

I sank down onto the toilet seat. The phone fell from hands landing who fucking knows where.

Is this what it feels like? My heart felt like it was above to cave in. My eyes were wet and I quickly wiped them, but that did nothing to stop the tears that still fell down my cheeks.

This had to be a sick joke. Now Gavin wants to be perfect boyfriend of the year. I hope his stupid ass boyfriend read and saw everything, sees for hisself that Gavin never stopped fucking with me. I hope he felt how I'm feeling right now.

My head was buried deep in my hands when the door slowly creaked open. The better part of me would've stoop up and acting like I was just taking a shit or something , but I didn't even give a fuck anymore.

"The guys sent me to come get you." Sinjae whispered. I kept my head down.

Her tone alone told me she heard everything that was just said. It sounded pitiful. Her steps grew closer and then I felt her lay a hand on my head. Was this suppose to be comforting? If so, she was failing miserably.

"Did he break your heart?"

The fuck it look like.