✯ CHAPTER- 02: WHISPER ✯

Jihoon didn't see anything weird or suspicious since they moved in. It's been two months already. Though he tried to find out what was the matter here that attracted him so much. But however he tried, all of his efforts were in veins. So he thought of taking a break from everything else and focus on his life instead.

He did as he thought. He just started living his life in his own way. He even finished decorating the attic room in his own style. He settled down his bed on one side of the room and kept his electric guitar on another side. He also added some simple furnitures and lightened the whole room with red lights. It looked really aesthetic and beautiful as if it was made for him. It supported his personality so much and obviously Jihoon loved that.

His university life wasn't that bad as well although Jihoon entered in the middle of the semester. The teachers were also very understanding and helpful. Jihoon was known as a prankster in his previous institution but here he was simply trying not to get in anyone's way. It was not like him but he didn't want any problems as the place was still new to him. So it can be said that the situation was normal?

Well, at least for now...

At his home, things were easy going as well. His dad was at work most of the time and his step mom remained busy with gardening or some other work. And for Jihoon...he was always left alone in that house with his annoying step brother.

"Come on, hyung! Let's play the new game I brought. I'm sure It's gonna be so fun!" Jeongwoo said while banging on the door of his room and ruining his peaceful alone time.

"I am busy Jeongwoo. I can't go." He tried to reply as calmly as possible without opening the door.

"C'mon hyung, you can work later. Just play a match with me. I am sure you would love it."

"Park Jeongwoo. I told you that I can not go. I have assignments to finish. Don't make me repeat myself . Just go and play that stupid game yourself." This time Jihoon replied with a stern voice.

"Ok, fine... hyung. You can do whatever you want. I won't bother you." Saying this Jeongwoo left. He was mad?

Honestly, Jeongwoo wasn't that bad as a brother. He was a bit annoying but he was also very humble. But for some reason Jihoon could not tolerate him at all even though he didn't do anything wrong. He himself even didn't know the reason and it annoyed him a lot more than anything else. Probably it was because of his step mom?!...

Agh..Why do I have to be I stucked here with them? I didn't ask for another family. He thought leaning against the chair of his study table.

Jihoon didn't lie when he told Jeongwoo that he has lots of assignments to do. But now he totally lost the mood to do so. He felt so annoyed. Anger filled inside of him. He was disappointed...not on someone else but him. Probably if he tried he could stop his mother from leaving him and his father behind and probably then there life wouldn't be like this.

Jihoon didn't feel like doing anything. He looked at the table clock and saw that it was only 7pm. So he thought of taking a small break. He got up from his study table and plopped down on his bed. He thought of listening to some of his favorite songs while taking the break. It was a habit of him. Whenever he felt down he listened to music. It always helped him to cheer up.

He put the headphones on and played his favorite songs with high volume. He was vibing with the songs while laying down on his bed like there's no tomorrow. Minutes later he fell asleep. He was actually so tired because of the assignments and studies.

"Jihoon-..."

He opened his eyes feeling like someone was calling him, more like whispering his name. His room was peach black. He realized that he fell asleep while listening to music but it should not be that late.. right? He looked for his phone..it was somewhere on the bed but because of the darkness he was unable to see. Finally after searching for several seconds he found it. He pressed the lock button and saw that it was half past 12 already. Yeah it was already midnight.