Chapter 6: An Almost Kiss and A Missing Boy

Tsu'tey POV

Neteyem was explaining what happened and how Azula stood up for kiri, him, and lo'ak. I couldn't help the smile on my face at her protecting the Sully's. I saw her walking and I followed her and spoke to stop her from walking.

"Hey, how are you?" I said looking over her form for injuries.

"I am good Tsu'tey. No need to worry, I can handle myself." She said looking at me with a slight smile which made me smile widely.

"Well thank you for protecting the Sully's. They are my family and it means a lot." She looked at me smiling

"Of course. While I might not know the sully kids, I know they deserve to be treated well."

I smiled at her, my eyes flickering down to her lips as I saw her do the same.

3rd Person POV

Tsu'tey and Azula inched closer, Tsu'tey slightly bending down to meet her lips. Before they could meet Azula was tackled in a hug by Tuk.

"My brother told me how you protected kiri, thank you!"

"You're quite welcome Tuk" said a blushing Azula. Tuk turned to Tsu'tey only to tilt her head.

"Tsu why are you red?" This causes both of the adult navi's to blush harder.

"No reason little tuk". Tuk shrugged believing it and turned to Azula.

"Will you come ride the ilu's with me?" Tuk asked, bouncing up and down with an excited smile.

"I'd love to Tuk". Tsu'tey looked to Azula to see her with a smile and a soft look in her eyes. Despite being annoyed he wasn't able to kiss her he was happy just seeing her with that look.

(Time Skip)

Azula's POV

I was playing with Tuk when I heard a commotion. I picked tuk up and put her on my hip as I went to see what was going on. I saw Anoung getting yelled at by my parents and the parents of the Sully kids.

"What is going on?" I asked my mother

"Your brother took Lo'ak beyond the reefs!"

"WHAT?!"

"Lo'ak is missing?"

The former sentence comes from tuk who I looked at to see tears in her eyes. I decided to comfort her since her parents were trying to get more information on where lo'ak could be.

"Oh tuk don't worry, I'm sure Eywa will keep him safe". I told tuk who sniffled and laid her head down on my shoulder. I was about to speak when the horns went off.

"The boy has returned" A navi of our clan yelled.

We rushed outside to see Lo'ak walking towards Anoung looking angry.

"Whoah whoah. He's ok so we'll just all head back to the Mauri. No worries go home" Said Jake Sully trying to prevent further problems.

"No, the fault was my sons" My father said, forcing Anoung to his knees.

"No, the fault was mine. Anoung tried to talk me out of it but I didn't listen." Lo'ak said

This shocked me. I put tuk down so she could go with her family as I walked to mine. I heard my mother scolding Anoung. Knowing I wasn't needed I went to the Sully's Mauri. I arrived only to hear Jake telling Lo'ak he brought shame to his family. Lo'ak looked down and was about to leave but I spoke.

"How dare you say that!" I yelled as the Sully's turned to me. Tsu'tey looked worried.

"What?" asked Jake. I wanted to calm down but I couldn't.

"I said how dare you. Lo'ak clearly wasn't at fault and was taking the blame to make things better but you yell at him anyway. Lo'ak is your son, not a soldier. No one should speak those words to their child no matter what they have done. Instead of being mad and yelling at him, hug him and be thankful he is not dead!"

I told Jake who looked down in guilt and shame. I looked to the others to see Kiri, Neteyem, and Tuk shocked. I looked to Lo'ak who looked at me thankfully mouthing thank you. I nodded once and looked at Tsu'tey's reaction, worried he might be mad only to see him looking at me with that weird look as he also mouthed a thank you. I nodded at him and walked out of the Mauri heading to my home.