🏝️ • Chapter 1: Unexpected Visitor • 🏝️

Ok before this chapter starts, I just wanna clarify that some characters of mine will be in this story like Peach (a pink and green fish inside of a fishbowl with prosthetic limbs) and Aubra (a pink, orange and black hellsprite), so.. yeah, just wanted to say that they won't get much screentime, you'll forget about them after a while of reading the story lol- anyway, enough of me interrupting, let's start!

--------------------

Somewhere in the island, near by the distant beach sat 3 sinkers; Nickel, Balloon and Peach. Peach rested behind one of the rocks that leads to the beach and her prosthetic legs gone limp so that she was at the same height as the other two sinkers while they listen to her rambling onto something.
"I will try my best to protect you if any danger comes around! All I can try to do is heal, but I don't- I don't know if I can do anything else.." Peach ended off her rambling, leaving Nickel and Balloon giving a gaze at each other in slight hope, then turning their attention back to Peach. After a moment, she spoke again, her tone full of curiosity. "So, how did you lose most of your members-? I- I mean, your team is the shortest one out of the other two.. Did something bad happen?" She asked, feeling slightly bad for the two sinkers. Balloon glanced to the side. "..Yeah, actually.." He replied, turning his gaze right back to Peach. "Oh.. I'm guessing your team departed from a argument?" She assumed, catching both Nickel and Balloon's attention in confusion.
"Nope!" "Nah.." Balloon quickly shook his head, while Nickel sighed.
"..Then, what happened?" Wanting to know more about how the sinkers departed, Peach leaned herself near Balloon and Nickel, eager to know more. "Well.. if you didn't know already," Balloon started. "Ever since Inanimate Insanity Invitational started, whenever a team would be up for elimination, it's up for the team to vote which one would be out. It has been getting pretty bad ever since we started failing the contests."
Peach's eyes widen a little, her interest at its peak. "So.. it's.. Out from bad luck..?" "...Well, now that you say it like that, maybe." Nickel leaned back a little as he agreed with Peach's lucky guess. "Well.. that sucks." Peach felt a sense of guilt as she thought of how the current eliminated contestants are doing, but she immediately tried to think of something else to lighten the situation. "..At least I'm here now! And at the right time too!" She gave a gentle smile to Balloon and Nickel, who slightly smile back at her, creating a wholesome moment between the three sinkers.
In the scenery, a bush in the back rustles, but leaves the sinkers oblivious. Two purple dripping eyes glowed from the small leaves as it lied it's eyes upon Nickel, Balloon and Peach. Soon, the sinkers expected nothing.. until, the shadow quickly dashes out from the bush, leaving a purple trail as it dashed towards the three sinkers. Peach had already scurried off while Balloon and Nickel stayed in the exact spot for a few moments out of shock, Balloon backing away too.
As the shadow pounced, it hit Nickel, knocking him out of consciousness with a dripping purple paw print on his head, above his left eye. "OW!" He winced before he falls silent, now in the process of being infected.
A few moments pass, and Nickel regains his consciousness. Though as he got up, purple liquid started spilling out from his mouth as he spoke. "Wh.. what happened?" He mumbled, gazing up at a dark gray felicanin with light gray stripes, looking down at Nickel with a devious smile on her face. As Nickel gazed right back at her, his eyes began to change to dark purple and blue, close to the felicanin's eye color herself. The felicanin then turned her attention to Balloon, who has backed up a few feet away from her. She let out a maniacal giggle before she turned her gaze to Nickel.
"Go get him!" She ordered, making her now possessed Nickel immediately rush towards Balloon in a attempt to infect him as well. Balloon screamed in fear as he ran away from Infected Nickel. While watching, she notices OJ, who had witnessed everything. She slowly turned her gaze towards him, freaking him out a little as he backed away.
"COME HERE!" The felicanin immediately dashed towards OJ, chasing him down as well.

*.+°•••••••••••••••••••°+.*

Nickel suddenly wakes up, finding himself in a blurred, darkened area, almost looking like he's in outer space. He tries to fix his vision, thinking that he's probably hallucinating this situation... He.. he can't be outside of the island.. right?
"What the.. where am I?" He asked himself, gazing upon his new glowing body, representing a star, probably much brighter than the others. The other stars were never seen up close, and blurred so it's very.. very hard to see. It messes with Nickel's vision a little.
"You're in the spacescape, buddy!" A high-pitched, childish disembodied voice spoke up from seemingly nowhere, catching Nickel's attention. He quickly gazes around, trying to find the source of the voice.. but it's almost nowhere to be found.. maybe it blends in with the current location he's in.. or.. 'the spacescape.' As he looked around, he began to become a bit irritated. "...Who are you?! Why am I here?!" He yelled out of irritation, as he turned around. But as he looked behind him, he noticed a small galaxy-like goop rushing towards him, startling him.

 But as he looked behind him, he noticed a small galaxy-like goop rushing towards him, startling him

"Hi!" The small goop greeted Nickel, making him flinch."AAH-!" He floated back, seeing the small goop look at him in curiosity. "Who are you?!" Nickel asked, leaving the small goop in a state of confusion. They thought about their answer for a few minutes before they gave a simple tilt from their head. "...I.. I don't know." They responded, making Nickel become a bit more annoyed. "...Listen, just tell me how to get out of here, I-!" Nickel gets cut off by the small galaxy goop. "Nope! You're staying here with me, friend!" The small goop had a quick response, gently headbutting themselves onto Nickel. "...You're not going anywhere! I'm not.. Even sure if we're allowed to leave..."

"But.. If anything, at least I'm not alone!"

*.+°•••••••••••••••••••°+.*

Chapter one is done!!! Woo!!