INTRODUCTION: ONCE IN A LIFETIME

"ONCE IN A LIFETIME"
Freestyle

As the lyrics says,

["Been thinkin' 'bout you, baby
And I don't know what to do
All I think about is you
Seems everything around me
Things I've never understood
They all make sense when I'm with you
Oh, I've heard it all before
Finding so called love then you leave it behind
But now I feel so sure I listen to my heart this time
So I lay it on the line
I know that what I've found Is once in a lifetime
And I know there's no way out
'Coz it's once in a lifetime"]

You may play and listen to the specified song while reading each chapter of the story by scanning the Spotify QR code located at the top of your screen.

Year 2023..

The moment you realized that I was rare was the time I had to choose between us getting back together or to love myself first. The long distance we had to endure for 5 years and the love we had to let go of made us realize the things we haven't thought of before; that having each other would be better than finding someone else to fulfill our longingness. We both knew that if the global outbreak never existed, I could have probably flown to the Philippines to see you and be in your arms once again. But, what can we do? The pandemic lasted for 2 years before the government finally lifted the travel restrictions. Despite the circumstances we were in, our love was still the same even though we weren't physically together, but at least we could feel each other's presence by reminiscing the beautiful life we used to have. Even if you said that your heart has been mine all along, what assurance did we have to make it last for a lifetime? After all the bittersweet memories of our past, you chose to leave me behind and live with someone else. You thought she was better than me until then, you realized that you could not find that exact love with anybody else but me; and I know that because I felt the same way you did. We both know that the love we had was rare and hard to find in today's generation. We both know that the love we had was genuine and can never be replaced by any other person. Those times we had no communication broke me; each day I missed you and I realized how hard it was to not talk to you; to someone I used to tell anything and everything. For almost 7 years you were there with me until the time and distance separated us. I followed my dreams and our dreams we made together was my motivation to fight the lonely nights without you by my side, but unfortunately, you left me fighting them all alone. I had to endure all the pain of being away from home, from you and from my family. Until one day you reached out to me; 18 months since our last communication. All the pain I had to endure by myself was slowly fading the moment you called and apologized. You told me that you made a mistake because you were missing the love we used to have and wondered if another woman could fulfill the emptiness you felt in your heart. You said you were longing for me and for the love I used to make you feel. You told me that you could not stop thinking about me since the day we had to let go of our love. You said that if you had to choose again, if not now, but in the next lifetime, you would always choose me over anybody else. This time, you wanted to listen to your heart and you wanted to lay it on the line. The love you found in me was irreplaceable and was once in a lifetime. You said that you were sure that I was the only woman who could make you happy and who could satisfy all of your heart's desire. You said that since I left, you always waited for me and would always be willing to wait for me to come back home, to you. Oftentimes, I wonder if this once in a lifetime love could take us back to where we used to be; those questions I always had to ask myself, should we start over again and continue what we have started? Or would it be too late for us?