START: let's just play around

✮

Somewhere among the throng, bodies connecting together, crazy neon lights, rhythms & blues, various smell pervading the air; park sunghoon seems to have a strong magnetic force that involuntarily brings her to him, in park jongseong's (a.k.a his brother) basement.

It could've just been anyone, she could've just be with anyone and go anywhere but here; yet she can't find it in herself to walk out. it isn't that bad. but his brother thinks on the contrary.

Besides, no one's here. his brother is probably high of adrenaline whilst showing off his skills with his newly purchased stratocaster.

Everyone in the house is in triumph after jongseong's song appeared on the radio, on TV, had enough recognition and earned millions of views in youtube. He's fucking thriving, and she can't help but feel happy for him.

"Holy shit man—you're owning a Audi? will you let me take her for a spin?"

"The car's a girl?"

She first met sunghoon who's already known with a pretty bad reputation about how terrible he is in the dating game, albeit, he seems to be a very charming boyfriend.

It should be an enough reason to take a step back—there's literally red warning signs atop his head, but she's still got a crush. maybe it's just the stupid hormones and the stupid thrill she feels knowing his brother's disfavour.

"You're well aware your brother is going to slaughter me if he sees us together, Hyera. he's going to think i'm hitting on you." Sunghoon says giving her a shit-eating grin, usually obnoxious, but she's very fond of it. well fuck.

"You're not hitting on me?" Hyera asked, sounding a bit disappointed. he knows she's just playing along with the same grin spreading across her bow lips and tinged rouge cheeks. sunghoon is not overestimating his resistance.

"why? do you want me to?"

"would you if i said i don't mind?"

You see, flirting with your brother's friend isn't that bad. she's clearly having the time of her life when she noticed hesitance and mischief glinting in his eyes.

"Nice try, Kid. But i don't wanna betray your brother, and i have the tendency to fuck up things. He thinks i'll break your heart." He laughs.

"I'm not asking you to date me, aren't i?" Hyera tilts her head, "Y'know you want to. you probably would if i'm some whoever-the-fuck-is-this-woman."

"As much as i want to. I'm trying not to give in."

"If you still can resist me, then you must have good self-control, tough guy." She winks and stood up on the couch before emptying the glass of booze. "See ya, Hoon."

He's really a tough one.

Even with the flirty remarks she throws at him whenever they coincidentally walk past each other, Sunghoon just gives her a cordial smile in return. Goddamnit.

"I like your shirt, they compliment your skin." Hyera says when his brother's friends came over, in their garage to come check the Audi. This time, no one's around except for them so she's well confident to blurt out the words she's holding back earlier, Sunghoon crouches down before lighting the joint between his lips.

"You're still in it, huh?" He chuckles.

"If you want to get something you want so bad, you hard work for it despite being arduous, right?"

"What? You want me that bad?"

"You're that dense, Hoon?" Hyera crosses her arms.

"Are you in love with me or something?" He raises a brow.

"No, because we're both not good in that department but playing around sounds fun, right? Do you worry about me being in love with you? Is that what's holding you back?"

"No- Just, what do you want?"

"We both know i'm attracted to you. but we're on the same page, right?"

"Ah," His lips curled up before standing up to roam his eyes around cautiously to check if jongseong's around. or anyone.

He leans closer, dropping the joint and stepping on it to evaporate the neon glow. "You don't care about the consequences, aren't you? You sure about this, Hyera? No backing out?"

"No." She smiles, they both leaned against the wall. She pokes his finger on sunghoon's cheek. "That wasn't hard as i thought."