Chapter 1, Late Night Texting

TWS: nothing :3

It was a weird night to say the least, Lia had been sitting around on her bed thinking; but she wasn't thinking about a video, or some stupid game, she was thinking of Zoey. That's right, her best friend Zoey. Lia didn't understand, but for some reason Zoey wouldn't get out of her head, whether it was that cute giggle she had, or that perfectly silky hair, whatever it was, the thought kept creeping onto her like a bug, but this bug just wouldn't die. And Lia was sick of it.
Lia's mind kept going back to those damn thoughts, until suddenly...
BZZNNGGG... BZZNGGGG...
'Who the fuck could be texting me at this hour? It's 3am...'
Lia got up to get her phone from her nightstand, and she definitely did not expect her other friend, Henry, to be texting her at this hour.

(Henry 🥬):
HEYYYYYYY R U UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

(Lia 💜):
Yeah, I am, what's up?

(Henry 🥬):
nth much....... So, i heard you;ve been acting weird, whats>>????

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lia was hesitant at first, but Henry was the only person who knew she was attracted to girls anyway, and Henry never told anyone her secret, so she gave in and spoke the truth.

(Lia 💜):
Well, I've been thinking about a girl for HOURS 😭...

(Henry 🥬):
Wellll???? Who's the lucky girllllll?????? 😏😏

(Lia 💜):
Don't you ever send me those emojis again or I will block you.

(Henry 🥬):
FUCK OFF JSUT TELL ME HWO UIT SIS

(Lia 💜):
Maybe if you learn how to spell I will.

(Henry 🥬):
... Ok but deadass who is it?

(Lia 💜):
Dude, swear on your life you won't say shit.
(Henry 🥬):
😨😓 I swear on my life Lia.

(Lia 💜):
It's Zoey.

(Henry 🥬):
Good fuckign night lia.

(Lia 💜):
WAIT DUDE COME BACK PLEASE
(Lia 💜):
IM NOT EVEN JOKING PLEASE BRO

(Henry 🥬):
Lia, ily, but why ZOEY?

Lia had to pause before making her reply, honestly, to an outside person, Zoey would seem like a straight up bitch.. But to Lia, Zoey was much more than that. Zoey was actually kind and understanding, she was sweet and patient with Lia and she loved that about her. Plus, to Lia, Zoey was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Yes, was Zoey not the nicest on the outside? Yeah.. But that's just how she is! Once you get to know her she's actually really nice, she just doesn't know how to show it. Lia hadn't even realized but she was zoned out. The buzz of her phone woke her from the place her mind was. Lia shook her head and quickly grabbed her phone.

(Henry 🥬):
WHERE ARE YOU
(Henry 🥬):
COME BACK PLS
(Henry 🥬):
IM SORRY LIA PLEASE 😭😭😭
(Henry 🥬):
I DIDNT MEAN IT
(Henry 🥬):
LIA PLSSSSSSSSSSSS

(Lia 💜):
OMG HENRY IM SORRY I ZOMDER OUT
(Lia 💜):
ZONED*

(Henry 🥬):
ITS OKAY
but seriously, why zoey of all peoepl?😭

(Lia 💜):
well, she may not be nice to YOU but she's actually really nice when you get to know her and.. idk shes just a relaly good friend of mine

--------------------------------------------------------------

Saying the word 'friend' made her cringe at herself. She wished it wasn't the word 'friend' she had to say. But maybe, just maybe someday, it doesn't have to be 'friends'. Maybe one day, she can say that Zoey is her 'girlfriend'. Lia cannot wait for that day.

(Henry 🥬):
i thought i was ur frined??🥺🥺😔😔😞

(Lia 💜):
stfu lilliputian

(Henry 🥬):
ok but i dont like zoey tho 🤣 so L

(Lia 💜):
ok but ur bf ugee 🥰😵

(Henry 🥬):
Blcokekd.

(Lia 💜):
BYE CANT EVEN SPELL BLOCKED BITCH UR LAME ASF

(Henry 🥬):
ok but like deadass how r u gonna go about confessing to zoey?

(Lia 💜):
i dont feel ready. ill talk to you more about it tomorrow okay? its like 4am now. we really need to sleep or else we'll fall asleep in class tomorrow.
(Lia 💜): goodnight henry 🤍.

(Henry 🥬): Gn liaaa 🤍

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lia shut her phone off, set it back on her nightstand, and proceeded to head back to bed, still being kinda shocked she just straight up admitted her feelings about Zoey.

WORDS: 671