Chapter One: Athena

A brown-haired girl sat on a small wooden chair across a library table, dropping a pile of books and scrolls next to her. She was Athena, the smartest goddess in the whole school.
"Reading again, Athena?"a voice spoke behind her. Athena turned around. Being her stood a goddess with golden hair and sparkly blue eyes.
"I have to research, Aphrodite. But you can join me if you want. I found some interesting facts about owls." Athena replied, smiling up at Aphrodite. Like Aphrodite, Athena's eyes were also a sparkly blue, which made her think Aphrodite was related to her.
Aphrodite rolled her eyes. Everyone in the whole school knew about Athena's love for owls and birds.
" Come with us. Persephone, Artemis and I have something to show you." Aphrodite paused. "I'm sure you'll love it."
Athena hesitated. Classes would begin in an hour and a half, and she didn't want to be late. But still......
"Show me, but promise we'll only be gone for an hour."she replied. Aphrodite jumped for joy.

* * *

Two goddesses stood at the entrance of Olympus Academy, the school where the gods and goddesses train for their talents. One had curly red hair and green eyes, while the other had short black hair and dark eyes. They were Athena's other friends. The red haired girl was Persephone while the dark one was Artemis. She had a quiver of arrows over one shoulder.
"Hi!" Persephone greeted. "We should ride Pegasus though. The surprise is near the base of Mount Olympus."
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!" Artemis joked. Athena stared up at the sky as a winged horse named Pegasus swooped down, dragging a carriage, and landed in front of the four girls. He gave off a neigh and reared.
"Hop in." Athena told her friends.

The ride was rough, and although they were flying at breakneck speed, it took them fifteen minutes to reach the "surprise".
Along the way, Athena saw various shops, houses and small buildings owned by the adult gods and goddesses. At the top of Mount Olympus, the majestic palace stood, which was also a temple.
In a couple of weeks, a few gods and goddesses would visit Egypt and meet Egyptian gods and goddesses, as well as learn about their culture and landscape. Athena has shown huge interest in the Egyptians.
"Can't you guys wait for the Egyptian vacation?" Athena asked, her blue eyes sparkling.
Aphrodite shrugged. "Not really, but I'd love to try have my eyes heavily lined with kohl, like Egyptian princesses." Aphrodite replied, smoothing her golden hair.
"I'm so sure Egypt has lots of lovely plants and flowers." Persephone added.

"I heard a few gods and goddesses talk about a few athletic goddesses. I'm thinking of challenging them in archery."
Artemis told them.
Athena, Aphrodite, and Persephone laughed.
"They won't have any chances of winning against you, Artemis!" Athena giggled.
"Yeah,"Aphrodite and Persephone said together.
Athena glanced at the window. The carriage turned left, in a place Athena had never been before. What were her friends planning? What if they got lost and couldn't find their way back? Had her friends forgotten about school?
Then, noticing Athena had gone quiet, Aphrodite tapped Athena's shoulder.
"Don't worry, Athena. I know the way." Aphrodite said, smiling.