Chapter 3: Simple things

The next morning was the starting of our Christmas break. After I woke up, I enjoyed the scenery outside my window with the snow falling and kids playing in the snow.
I didn't notice that I was still wearing the black comfortable jacket of Lucas. I mean it was soft and warm, so I must have slept wearing it.

I did my morning routine. Brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and got ready for another day.
I heard my phone rang and someone texted me good morning. I didn't know the person so I thought it was one of those pranks again, then the person told me
"You still wearing my jacket?"
"Let me guess...hmm..Lucas?right?"
"Yeah...uhhm did you eat breakfast already?"
"No I just woke up"
"Can you come with me and have morning coffee?"
"Ok. Can you pick me up in 5 minutes?"
"Got it"

So I fixed my ugly face and trying to find the perfect clothes, even though we'll only have morning coffee
A car horned outside and again it was the matte black car of my hero, Lucas singleton. I ran downstairs and picked up my jacket walking onto the cold breeze outside, entering the black car.
While he was driving, minute after minute he looked at me and smiled
"Why are you looking at me?"
"Cause your'e beautiful" he said which I was chilled
"Ohh I'm flattered cause I have a perfectly ugly face. Thanks though."

We went into this coffee shop which everybody knew. You know where? Yes!you are right, its Starbucks lol.
We sat by the store window, again watching the snow falling. We ordered the cappuccino, my favorite.
"Ohh here's your jacket" I said
Then he asked "what are your standards in being a gentleman?"
"You wanna serve the queen or something?"
"No nigga" he said laughing
"Well, being a gentleman is hard but it's worth the benefits. If you wanna be a gentleman you have to respect girls, not like keeping them from being bullied, just more than that. If you wanna be a gentleman you have to treat her like your'e still getting her. Let me give you a tip, girls always love the little things, like giving her little notes or lovely flowers or texting her good morning and good night texts. Ya'll have to be simple. Like me, i don't like big things."
"So we boys just have to be simple to get what we want?"
"Exactly"
Then his face was like, thinking about what I just said lol
"Hey I'm gonna take you to a place. Ok?"
"As long as I'm not gonna get killed."

He drove me onto the forest. There were trees with snow everywhere. The place was amazing. Until we reached a grass-ed place where there where trees with leaves or vines with flowers hanging like that. Ughhh damn it was beautiful. Its like the most beautiful place no one ever knew.
"This is my favorite place in the whole wide world"
"Yeah I think its mine too" while my face is being astonished by the scenery.

"Hey, why are you doing this? I mean we just met yesterday then were hangin out?"
"I want to make sure that no one will ever embarrass you like that again"
"Thanks though, for everything"
"Any thing for you"

We just walked there, at this amazing place. We ate burgers for lunch and drank iced tea. That's one example of a simple thing a girl wants. Of course not me. I mean I'm not falling for him, love isn't even real, yeah that's right. LOVE IS JUST FANTASY. Humans created the term love as an excuse to forget about the real problems.

"This is an example of a simple thing you could do for girls"
"I'm gonna have a great start then"
"Yeah follow everything I say"
"So you consider yourself a love expert huh?"
"LOVE ISN'T REAL OK? Maybe I'm just good at giving advices to other people."
"I'm not mad at you but, if you ain't gonna believe in love then fine, cause I do"
"Why?"
"I dont exactly know why but I think being inlove is the most happiest feeling ever"
"Yeah and its the most painful thing you'll ever feel"
"Love isn't just about having good memories or some shit, but love is everything, its not about how long you've been together, its about the importance of both of you being together. Love isn't also about not having fights, cause if you fight and fight for how many times, and you still love each other? I guarantee you, you are both strong. Its not about having as many fights as ever, its about how you both think that fighting over small things are not worth the pain"

There I thought, he must have been inlove before,and got hurt.

"Have you ever been inlove before?"
"Yes I did, i know it killed me but look at me now, still living"saying with a depressed face.

I was trying to think of a way to make him smile.

"Can I ask you something? Who took to prom?"
"No one. Not a single girl likes me."
"Well those nasty bitches. Lucas singleton, on behalf of the stupid ass bitches, can I have a dance with you?" While bowing in front of him. I knew it'll make him feel better

I pulled him for us to dance, believe me he was a great dancer. He was gentle, and I like that and at the same time he stepped on my foot several times.

"Thanks for bringing away the pain"saying with a smile
"What are friends for?right"
I could feel his warmth while dancing. The pain going away. Holding his hand, my face over his chest, and I even felt magic in his eyes.

After the dance, we went on a hill to watch the sun set.
Watching the big ass orange lighted sun setting over the water, made me realise that  Lucas Singleton, the boy I just met yesterday, is a great blessing from God. And I'm lucky to have him as a friend.