Chapter Four

"THAT'S not gold," Pope moans as I hand the envelope titled, "For Bird" to John B

"Holy shit." I hear. "This is from my dad,"

"Okay, so uh, how am I getting out of here without breaking my neck?" I ask before jumping and grasping the opening of the hole. Pulling myself through, I meet all of their faces, JJ's pulled down in worry.

I follow his line of sight and gasp as I see two people heading towards us in the distance. Launching myself from the hole, I grunt in pain as I land hard on my arm.

Shooting up as JJ yells, "Code red, code red! Square groupers!"

John B's arms wrap around my waist before pulling me up from the ground. I moan in pain as I hold my hand to my chest as we run to hide.

"Lights! Lights!" I whisper shout, shoving JJ's headlamp off as he turns the lantern off. Pushing myself further into John's side as he glances back, I suddenly start to feel sick. Probably from the running and the pain pulsating through my wrist.

"Do you think it's them?" Kiara asks, quietly.

"Homies got a gun!" JJ whispers back, whipping his body back from where he was looking.

Hearing that makes my body jolt into action. "Screw this!" Darting for the gate, I can barely hear what's happening behind me as my heartbeat pounds in my ears.

I don't look back as I jump up and grasp the top of the gate, throwing myself over.

Landing, I help Kiara land before gasping as Pope struggles over before getting stuck.

"Guys!" He panics.

"Shit!" I whisper shout, reaching for his feet to try and lift him, but he doesn't move an inch.

"Guys, I'm stuck!" He says once again, catching everyone else's attention. JJ runs over with John B as Kiara stands watch in horror.

Pope started struggling as the three of us tried to help. "Pope, don't move okay?" I turn, seeing JJ whip the gun out.

Having enough, I start pulling on the boy, hearing his shorts start tearing.

"Rory, you're gonna rip me!" He screeches before finally dropping to the ground in his underwear.

"Pope, come on!" Kiara calls as we start running for the van once again.

"It's a little tootsie roll!" JJ teases as Pope does his best to keep himself covered. Jumping into the passenger seat, I slam the door as John B starts the van before putting the pedal to the floor as we all laugh at Pope's luck.

Slipping my flannel off, I throw it at him. "Use this, Pope!"

"Thank you, Rory! At least you care to help!" He said, side eyeing JJ who was still mumbling about it.