Chapter Six

!!!Sensitive topics at the end of the chapter, please read at your own risk after '𖤓𖤓𖤓'!!!!!

     MAKING my way home, I'm stepping through the gates when someone calls my name from behind.

Spinning around, I spot Sarah in her car, waving for me to come to her. Without looking back, I rush for the passenger door, yanking it open with a smile.

"My dad and Rafe are over right now talking to your parents. I thought I'd come save you," she briefs me.

"Ah." I lay a hand over my heart. "My knight in shining armor!"

Giggles leaving our mouths, she starts driving down the road as I enlighten her of the excursion.

"Are you ever gonna tell me the reason for needing to get into the archives to research about a random ass slave?" Her eyes narrowed, turning on me as we stopped at a light.

"Uh," I stutter, "I'll have to ask John B if I could cause it's not really my secret to tell, ya know?" I frown softly, wishing I could tell her.

"Okay. Also, totally forgot to mention," she presses on the gas as the light turns green. "We are going to the doctors to check on the little bean cooking in your stomach."

My eyes widen and snap to her as I start protesting.

"Hey." She seizes my hand that was moving fast in different gestures, "it's okay. I personally know this person and asked them to keep it on DL from our parents. Okay?"

"Sarah," I whine, both grateful but upset, she didn't ask first. "I trust you, not someone I've never met before."

Leaning back in my seat as her hand squeezes mine before returning to the wheel.

I was grateful for her making the decision for me because going to a doctor hadn't been on my mind lately. Even though we hadn't been the closest of friends till recently, she was the best person ever for sticking by my side and wanting to make sure the baby was okay.

I hadn't had a best friend ever since my mother left, but Sarah was coming close to being the person I could and would go to for everything. I hope she felt that way about me as well.

Pulling into a parking spot, I glanced out, noticing the building looked normal and familiar as I'd probably passed it quite a few times.

Walking inside behind her, she goes to the desk with me on her tail before saying we were here to meet someone. I didn't catch the name but soon we were sitting at a chair and I was filling out some paperwork.

In the middle of it, we were called back where I had to pause while they did some lab work by taking my blood and a urine sample.

Seated in a lone room with Sarah next to me, I finished my paperwork and set it aside as I shuffled nervously on the uncomfortable bed they had covered in a weird parchment paper.