𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 13

Chapter 13
Word count: 3k
------------------

The next day, you awoke bright and earlier than usual. With a spring in your step, you eagerly made your way over to Hajime's hut, your heart filled with anticipation for the day ahead. But as you walked out the door, a figure caught your eye, walking briskly in the opposite direction. It was Fuyuhiko, his usually stern face twisted with agitation.

"Hey, Fuyuhiko, why are you in such a rush? You got somewhere to be?" You asked after he had passed you by.

He grunts and stops in his tracks as he turns to face you. "Tsk, how unlucky that I have to run into you, of all people. Listen, just so you know, I don't want to talk to you. I'm in a really bad mood right now." He snapped.

"Ok, fine, be that way. I just noticed you were in a hurry and going in the opposite direction of the restaurant, so I was just wondering where you were heading." You said as you shrugged indifferently.

"Like I said, I don't want to talk to you. I'm just going back to my hut. Leave me alone." He grumbled.

"What do you mean, you're going back? Where else did you go?" You suspiciously questioned.

Fuyuhiko's impatience flared, his words laced with frustration. "I just said I don't wanna talk!"

"Wha-But you're the one talking to me!?" You exclaimed, taken aback. That's when your eyes traveled down and you noticed an envelope clenched in his grasp.

"Hey, what's that in your hand?" You ask as you go to reach for it, but he quickly snatches it away.

"W-What do you mean!?" He feigned ignorance as he hid it behind his back. That's when the realization hit you.

"You played that game, didn't you?" You asked. He instantly stiffens under your gaze and glances away.

"So it's true, huh? What's inside that envelope and why did you play it!?" You inquired.

"S-Shut up! What makes you think you have any right to question me?" He angrily barked at you.

"I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything, at least not yet." You told him, obviously mumbling the last part.

"Don't talk to me again! If you do, I swear I'll kill you!" He huffed before storming off angrily.

After Fuyuhiko's abrupt exit, you couldn't help but think to yourself. A mix of emotions swirled within you, ranging from curiosity to concern. A certain part of you felt sympathetic towards him; after all, who knows what he could be going through right now? His earlier behavior had made it clear that he was already bothered by something beforehand. But on the other end, he could be dangerous if left like this.

While you wanted to confront Fuyuhiko and demand answers, but you knew that it would be best to wait and see what happens next. The situation on the island was already tense enough, and adding fuel to the fire might not be the wisest decision.

With these thoughts swirling in your mind, you went about your way to meet up with Hajime.

• • • •

Upon arriving at the restaurant, you and Hajime settled down at a table, engaging in idle conversation while you waited for breakfast. However, your peaceful moment was interrupted when Mahiru approached with an overjoyed expression.

"Ah, perfect timing! You guys are just the right people I was waiting for!" Mahiru exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with excitement.

Confusion flickered across your and Hajime's faces as you exchanged questioning glances.