POLES APART

"GIRLS  COME DOWN AT ONCE"

our mother screamed  at us  and we knew it was serious since mum never shouted  at us  i glared at my twin sister  and mouthed  what did you do now she just shrugged her shoulders none chalantly and we both went down  hello let me introduce  myself  my name is piya and my twin is called maithlii we are identical to a tee except when we date as i go for goodboys  and maithlii goes  for the badboy types  don't ask why  we do this  as i would never be able to explain it all i can say is when pubity hit  us we became attracted  to the types of men  we date and with every  good relationship i have i learn good things  but unlike me whenever maithlii dates the badboys she does  she always learns  bad things like cigrette smoking drugs  ect most of these habits she gives up but many have stuck with her  like pickpocketing and shoplifting aswell as smoking cigerettes.

whenever mum screamed at us to come down  it usually meant  that maithlii's boyfreinds were behind it  so when we went down maithlii began to head to the door and clean up whatever shit her badboy current boyfreind had left behind but mum stopped her and glared at me  furiously and fear filled my veins  maithlii was confused  as i was and asked 

"what happend mum  why are you glaring at  poor piya like this  she always has good guys  its me who has badguys  "

"BE SILENT  MAITHLIII  I ARENT STUPID  I DO KNOW MY OWN DAUGTERS AND THER TASTE IN MEN  BUT THIS  TIME IT WASN'T ONE OF YOUR BOYFREINDS WHO DID THIS  IT WAS  ONE OF PIYAS DOES THE NAME MANJEET  MEAN ANYTHING PIYA"

"MANJEET what did he do he is an a plus student and he has savings  why  are you mad at  him"

"GO AND LOOK OUTSIDE NOW PIYA AND YOU WILL SEE GODDESS I AM SO FED UP WITH YOUR BOYFREINDS  GIRLS ARNAB  GET DOWN HERE AND WATCH YOUR DAUGHTERS  AS I NEED TO LIE DOWN  BEFORE I THROW UP OR BEGIN TO CRY"

when mum left and dad appeared he looked so worn out and ushered us to the door  i was still confused at this point  but Maithlii was struggling to hold back a  laugh at how me miss  perfect got done by mum when we opened the door and went outside i was ready to scream when i saw what manjeet had done  and i ran to a  bin and threw up  maithlii's mouth was wide in shock  and dad looked so pissed and worried  let me tell you what my so called good boyfreind had done  he had brought  fresh animal carcusses and wrote i love you piya  in its blood  on the  white garage door i couldn't believe that manjeet was  that sick in the head  that he killed a baby bunny and used its blood as paint  i fell to my knees and began crying maithlii hugged me and told me to calm down dad hugged me  and told me he would keep me safe and i should break up with manjeet for my own safety as he was  exhibiting some psycotic traits by doing this.

dad was a behaverial specialist and he knew who was dangerouse  by just a glance  and normally  i showed dad my boyfriend  before i began dating them  and  his evaluation of them  was always spot on but for some reason i hadn't  shown manjeet to dad  and i dont know why i didnt do this hence why  i was currently on my knees using dish soap and  sponge  as i cleaned up  the mess manjeet had created as well as  dryheaving  as the smell of rust and salt entered my  nose  thankfully maithlii  was with me and was helping clean this up.

when we were done i phoned manjeet and told him it was over  for what he had done was wrong on so many levels he tried to argue with me but i cut the phone and blocked his number  things got worse for me after that for  manjeet was more sick in the head then i originally thought as he always sent me parcels  that contained  more dead animals and  human fingers   i felt terrorised and raving mad as i  wanted manjeet to stop  he also began stalking me  and  i began fearing for  my life .

my parents and uncles took it in turns watching over me and beating up manjeet when he got too close  as for maithlii he never dared follow  her for she was around her gang leader boyfreind and his gangmembers so she was unknowingly safe  one night months later when i stopped being  harrassed by manjeet everyone went out and i stayed home as i wasn't feeling too hot and i lay on the sofa when all of a sudden i heard a noise  at first i thought it was atlas  our dog  but  soon i realised that atlas was with me  and guarding me  but when the noise happend atlas was on full protection mode  and his hairs were  sticking up all over his body  and he stood in front of me  looking the  way of the dark kitchen  and growling  at first i didn't see anything  but soon i  saw a human sillouette of   a man and the moonlight had hit the object in his hand  and when it shone i saw it was a knife   i let out a bloodcurdling scream and atlas  took that as a signal to  pounce and attack.

i could hear the man grunt  and groan as i heard atlas growl and chomp his powerful jaws  i took that as a sign  to run out side  i opened the door  and ran outside shouting for help  and alerting the neighbours  that i was in danger  many came out and  ran towards me  and asked what was going on but i was frozen in fear  and shivering as i had on shorts and  a thin tshirt  and it was raining outside when i stood there   frozen i didn't move or say anything until i heard a gunshot and the howl of atlas  i screamed his name and  wanted to run to see if he was ok but mrs kiran told me to run into the woods for safety while the adults  checked out what had happend i nodded and ran into the woods.

i ran deeper and deeper into the  woods  until i was so tired that i knocked into a hard wall its only when i looked up did i see the face of my ex boyfreind manjeet  covered in blood   and looking down my soaking wet  body with  hunger that disgusted me he walked towards me  and i backed up  and was ready to say goodbye to my life   but its then i  felt this instinct to survive did i begin  fighting  off manjeet who at this point had me pinned to the  wet muddy ground and was ontop of me as he touched my breast and held his gun to my neck