Uncharted

Currently it's 6:30 am and I just woke up from the worst night's sleep ever

Currently it's 6:30 am and I just woke up from the worst night's sleep ever. My window faces the road outside and I believe there was some party going on in the hotel opposite last night. I didn't even get an hour of uninterrupted sleep, so that's a great start to the day already. I then got up and then stretched, but a bit too hard and I proceeded to pull a muscle in my left leg. I let out a loud "Ouch" which Kris heard and he immediately ran into my room to see what was up.

Kris looked at me with a worried face and stated "What's wrong?". I then explained to him how I had overstretched and he then chuckled to himself and said "You are such a wimp", I shrugged and made a rude gesture at him.

I asked him "Since you are up I'm assuming you didn't get a wink of sleep either" and he nodded I could see his eyes were red and only just about functioning, which is probably what I looked like to him. He then walked out of my room and into the corridor. 

My leg was still aching, but I got up and took a quick shower and put some clean clothes on. I ventured into the lounge where Kris was now standing with a cup of coffee in his left hand, which he quietly sipped, and his right hand was on his hip. He would always do this pose in the morning. He was facing away from me out of the window. It was sunrise and the sun had began peeking over the other apartment buildings opposite. The sun made Kris's blonde hair glisten under its glow.

I am not usually a morning person, but I was glad that I was up so I could watch the sun rise and although for the unusually loud night it was actually quite peaceful. The only noises I could hear were coming from birds, which were chirping in the trees below.

Kris turns to me, he must have felt my presence and exclaimed "It's going to be a great day today, I can feel it!".

However, as fate would have had it, luck wasn't on my side today.

After me and Kris had breakfast which consisted of a croissant and a banana. I made myself a cup of coffee as I needed it after my sleepless night. 

After Jan, Jure and Martin had got up and out of bed they came and sat around the table. Martin sat across from me, before we had decided to get this apartment me and Martin used to share a room as before Joker Out we were in another band called Mogoče. Long story short we decided our band wasn't that great and we needed to have some new band members and so we recruited Kris and Jan and from then on we became Joker Out.

Martin then commented " I see you are not eating much there".

I scoff and say "Neither are you" as I look at the one slice of buttered toast he has in his hand. Jan then butts in with a mouth full of food "Would you two stop making comments on what you are eating". I reply "Look who's talking with a mouthful of food", we all chuckle to ourselves, and we all watch Jan struggling as he still hasn't swallowed the food.

We then get chatting and it turns out the other's didn't have a problem with the noise as their rooms didn't face the road. Jan then brings up that I should have chosen a better room, everyone laughs as they all know full well the reason why I didn't get to choose. 

When we moved into this apartment 3 weeks ago we had made this stupid bet (well it was Jan's idea) to the first person to get dunk would get to choose the best room. Like the others, I had gone over to the bar to get some vodka shots as they always got me drunk pretty fast. However, Jan had told the person at the bar to give me water as he knew I would have won if I had consumed alcohol. Unfortunately, I didn't realise what I was drinking wasn't alcohol as we had just played a gig in Ljubljana and I was extremely tired, and at that point in time I was almost drunk of tiredness. When I realised what had happened 10 minutes later the others were already drunk of their minds, and yes I still am very pissed about this to this day! 

I roll my eyes at Jan who is still looking at me with a smirk on his face, but what he doesn't know is I have something planned to get my revenge back on him.

As they all still mutter on how I didn't know the difference between water and alcohol. I stated "Well at least I know how to make good coffee". The other's laughed, as the last time Jan had made me coffee he had burnt the beans, it was horrible! Jan answers " Well next time get off your lazy ass and make one yourself". I reply "Says the person who wakes up at 1pm every day" "Well I didn't today I woke up at 9 am which is TOO EARLY" he exclaims annoyed. 

 "Well today is a very important day, we have a lot to do and we are already behind a schedule so hurry up eating your food!" I announced.

"Someone's cranky today" Jure exclaimed.

I moaned "No I'm not" although to everyone else I clearly was.

When we all had finished our food I got up and wandered over to the kitchen and I was followed by Martin. We both started washing up our plates and cups. Martin then uttered quietly to me "I know you got little sleep, but that isn't the only reason why you are cranky right now! 

I look over at him blankly not knowing what he was talking about.

Then I remembered, I freeze remembering it. A time that I never wanted to recall, but I can't lie to Martin as that would mess up everything .

But the truth wasn't all my fault it was just an unfortunate situation I ended up in...

A/N

Sorry to leave you all on a cliff-hanger like that I will write the next chapter hopefully by next week! This is also the first ever story I have written and I find it really hard to write the dialogue between people so I hope you don't mind how I have written everything. I also added in some like context for things that are happening otherwise it wouldn't make sense. This chapter it set in 2021 which is why Martin is in it, my next chapter will probably be from a few years earlier to give context about what is happening, currently it is (2021). So again the members will change but I will put a note of that in the next one! In the future I may add to this chapter because it is quite short and extra characters may get added too!

Also any feedback will be appreciated on how I can make this story better or any ideas for future chapters/stories I will make, (I already have two other ideas which I will be working on aside from this).

If anyone does read this, thank you so much I really appreciate it (if it becomes popular I will try and write chapters faster), but the next one should be out next week unless I am busy.