Chapter:- 1: Introduction (1)

<3rd person pov>
The story starts in the Viridian city, in a house, a young boy(11 years old) was watching the tv. In it there was proffessor Oak explaining the starter Pokemons.
The starters were going to distributed the next days morning. He was exited about this. But, he was not the only one that was set to receive a starter pokemon, his older brother (12 years old) was also going to select his first pokemon. As the previous year due to some issues could not get his starter pokemon and missed the chance to go on a journey.

But, this time he would not let the golden chance slide, and the next morning, he will choose his first pokemon and go on a journey just like others.

"Kai stop watching the tv and go to sleep. Or you want to miss the most important moment in your life". Shouted the mother of both the brothers to the younger one.

Kai obeys his mother and shut down the tv and start thinking to himself while going to sleep, which starter pokemon should he choose. But, before he can think anything, his eyes starts to close and he fall asleep.

In the other room, Andrew the older brother had already decided what pokemon would he choose to start his journey and starts to sleep.

In the next morning,
Both brothers wake up and start getting ready to go to the lab of professor Oak. The mother stops them and says 'You two stop what you are doing and listen to me'.
Both pay attention to their mother's order and came near her to listen.
"You guys are going to make the most important decisions in your life. Which will definitely affect your future career/life". "So, I as a mother can only advise you two to listen to your heart and make a correct decision to choose your life long pokemon partner"says the mother.
Both of them promise their mother to follow this advice and become a good trainer. After making this promise Kai and Andrew leave the house to go to the professor Oak' s lab to choose their starters. Both make a bet that whoever is going to reach the lab first will get to choose first. The they both started running towards the lab.

At the proffessor Oak's lab,
We then see the professor Oak preparing for the trainer to come to choose their starter pokemons.
A noise comes from outside, the professor decides to check it out. When he reaches there he sees two young boys huffing and looking tired.
He then realises that they might be the new trainers coming to take their starters. He welcomes them in and asked them why were they exhausted. He gets to know that they both are brother and because of a bet they were running towards the lab, which tired them. Anyway, the professor takes them to a table where 3 pokeballs are kept, in which each of them has a starter pokemon.

<Kai's pov>
Me and Andrew have reached the lab. I have lost the race, which means he will get the chance to choose first.
We both were exhausted after all the things. We were going to enter the lab, but somebody opened the door.
It was professor Oak! After looking at us, he realised that we were the trainers that were coming to choose their starters. He first asked us why we both were exhausted, Andrew answered the question and told him about the bet we had made before coming here. So, all the confusion he had was gone. He then invited us in and tooked us to a table where the starter's pokeballs were kept.

He then asked who was going to choose first and we should also give him a proper introduction of ourselves before.

Andrew went first and introduced himself by saying "Hi professor Oak, My name is Andrew and I am 12 years old, I am from Viridian town".

Professor Oak replies by asking a question to him of "Andrew you say, Ain't you one of the boys that was going to get his starter last year". Andrews quickly replies to the question and says "I was set to start my journey the previous year but due to some difficulties, I did not get my starter pokemon".

"Oh well! Thanks for answering my question, So you may know about the starter pokemons and their types"asks the professor. To which Andrew says 'yes'. "Well good for me then, you can choose your pokemon now".

Andrew goes towards the table,
Without any thinking he chooses 'the water turtle pokemon' Squirtel.

Professor Oak tells Andrew, "Squirtel a very balanced choice. Its shell may look like it is soft, but it can crack a boulder without any extra effort".

I also go to him to congratulate him for his first pokemon. But, professor Oak stops me and ask me to give my introduction.

I tell him "My name is Kai from Viridian city, I am the younger brother of Andrew and my age is 11 years old".

"well Kai, do you know about the two pokemon starters left". Before, I could reply to the professor Oak. He releases the two pokemons and Leaves the room.

I see two different rare pokemon above my very own eyes. The first one is a 'fire lizard' pokemon called Charmander and the other one was a 'grass frog with a cabbage type thing on his back'. It is called Bulbasaur.

Professor then tells me that he will be going to his cabin to give us something special and asks me to choose my starter from the two now released pokemon. After saying this he goes to his cabin.

Me and Andrew were left alone with the three starters because of this. I was going to ask andrew for some help, but he looked busy with Squirtel. So, I did not wanted to disturb him.

At first I was going to Charmander but, after seeing Bulbasaur. I remembered something about the time I was 3 years old, my memory may be hazy after 8 years but I remembered that day we had gone to a pokemon park. Where a wild hippowdon was going to swallow because he was hungry and I was separated from my parents because of a big crowd.

I was alone and stumbled upon a hungry wild hippowdon. I may have looked a weak prey for him. So because of this he tried to eat me. But a wild venasaur had saved me from being eaten. He defeated the hippowdon and took me near a pokemon ranger which had found my parents. I did not tell anyone till this day to anyone about how is going to be some Pokemon's lunch but a venasaur helped me.

Just after I was finished thinking of the past, professor Oak came back with some pokeballs and a phone like device in his hand. He first asked me did I choose any one.

I told him i did and with a loud voice said "Bulbasaur I choose you". Then the Bulbasaur had leaped towards me and I caught with my hands.

Professor Oak tells me that "Bulbasaur! The best pokemon to use in the gyms in the 3 starters Pokemon".

After Bulbasaur calmed down, I looked towards the Charmander as he looked sad. I console him and tell him that he would be picked by a good trainer.

Then professor Oak called us and explained to us the concept about the pokedex. He then gives us that to us.
And also gave some pokeballs to capture wild pokemons.

Before we were go home to pack our stuff, Andrew asked me about a battle between our new starter pokemon. I also wanted to see it and test my Bulbasaur current power.

_______________________________________

End of the first chapter, as the next chapter will start from the battle between Kai and Andrew and their new Pokemon.