-3-

Us

Eichi awoke to an even beeping sound and the smell of hand sanitizer.
Ah right he was at the hospital.
He sat up, looking at the window to check what time of the day it was.
To his surprise the blinds were closed.

He reached to the bedside table to his left, where his phone was located.
His arm felt so weak, the rest of his body didn't feel any different though.
After struggling a little to pick up the phone, he unlocked it, checking the notifications on it.
'2 missed calls from Hasumi-san'
What would Keito want from him?

He clicked the notification, triggering a call.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

'Hello Eichi.'

"Hasumi, hello. You tried calling me?" his voice felt so sore.

'Yes. There is something I need to talk to you about.'

"What may that be?" he could barely talk, his voice trempling with every word he said.

'Eichi you sound terrible. You're at the hospital again right? I can call again later if you're not feeling well.'

"No, I'm fine. Please go on." what a stupid lie, he wasn't fine at all.
A row of caughs could be heard through the phone

'I will keep going then. There was a play at our school, "the crucible" if I remember correctly. One actor however caught my attention, his acting was extraordinary to say
the least. I thought you might be interested in him.'

He paused for a few seconds before speaking again.

'I asked the teacher leading the play about him, after the play. Hibiki Wataru apparently that was his name. He seemed quite intriguing.'

"Hibiki... Wataru? What an interesting name."

'Yes indeed. That was all I wanted to inform you about.'

"Hasumi wait! There is something I would like to discuss with you as well."

.
.
.
.
.

A few days had passed, Eichi was finally out of the hospital again. Ever since that phone call him and Keito had been keeping in touch, talking every day to update each other in case anything had changed.

Eichi was on his way to Yumenosaki, passing by a woman walking her dog.
The woman looked at him, her expression fading into one of sadness at the sight of him.
He simply smiled at her, not giving it any more thought. People would always react like this, looking at him as if they knew what he was going through. The constant fainting, catching every disease just at the thought of it and never knowing when you'll get out of the hospital again. Every breath could be his last, this was exactly why he had to act fast.

He had finally reached the school gates when something caught his attention.