Beauty 《五》

Ha Na's POV

As we left the club, A Reum gently took hold of my hand, sending a rush of warmth through me. I couldn't help but think about our brothers and their antics.

"What about our brothers?" I asked, a hint of concern in my voice.

A mischievous smile played on A Reum's lips as she replied, "Let them have their fun. Right now, I want to take you somewhere special."

Curiosity mixed with a touch of worry, I questioned, "But will they be okay?"

A Reum glanced back at the club, a flicker of doubt crossing her face. "I don't think so. Those idiots never seem to know how to take care of themselves."

Her words elicited a laugh from me, a burst of genuine amusement. "You're probably right. Maybe we should call someone to pick them up."

A determined expression settled on A Reum's face as she swiftly typed on her phone. Satisfied with her actions, she motioned for me to follow her.

Hand in hand, we strolled along the path, her smile radiating pure joy. My gaze never wavered from her, my heart filled with adoration. Ever since high school, A Reum had occupied a special place in my thoughts and dreams.

-

Flashback

1 year ago

A Reum, our charismatic school president, had always captured the attention and admiration of many students. They showered her with flowers and heartfelt letters, hoping to win her over. But it wasn't her outward beauty that drew me in back then; it was the genuine kindness that radiated from her heart.

I still vividly remember that fateful day when my world felt like it was crashing down. My dad had been in a terrible accident, and I found myself torn between rushing to the hospital and helping a child in danger.

Without a second thought, I darted across the road, clutching the child tightly. The blaring horns of an approaching truck filled the air, and fear gripped my heart. "I don't want to die. I don't want to die." I whispered to myself, desperately seeking a way out.

And then just like that a guardian angel appeared, pulling me and the child to safety just in the nick of time. The truck roared past, its presence a chilling reminder of what could have been.

Breathing heavily, A Reum's voice trembled with a mix of concern and frustration. "Are you crazy? You could have been killed by that stupid, drunkard driver. How could you be so reckless?"

I released my grip on the child, who began to cry in distress. The commotion caught the attention of a few passersby, who quickly dialed for an ambulance. Thankfully, our injuries were minor, just a few scrapes and bruises.

A Reum's voice softened as she comforted the child, "Hey, it's alright. This older sister isn't crazy. Good boy! Don't cry."

As the child's cries echoed, I wrapped my arms around him, providing a comforting embrace.

A Reum bends down to the child's level. "What's your name?" She inquired, her voice filled with warmth.

Child: "Kang Ji Woo."

The child sniffled in response.

A Reum: "What an adorable kid!" She said, patting his head with affectionate tenderness.

I looked at them and smiled.

A Reum: "And what about you?"

She turned her attention towards me, her eyes gleaming with curiosity.