chapter twenty-nine

peace in friendships

min ivy

"i can't believe you're going on a double date, and it's not with me and garam." hara crosses her arms, feigning annoyance.

"please you hate double dates." i laugh at her.

"yeah, but still."

"i mean, we can go on a double date too-"

"nope, i'm good." she drops the act, laughing as she throws her hands up in surrender.

"how do i look?" i ask, turning around, showing off my outfit. we were going to a classy bar, so i chose a comfy strapless red dress. it was fitted at the waist, but frilled out at the bottom, hanging just above the knee. i paired it with classy black heels, and a few pieces of silver jewelry. i left my hair down and straight, and just a little bit of makeup.

"hot." hara whistles. "you better hope minho's guy is fully gay or you're gonna have three men gawking at you all night." she teases.

"it's not like that with minho anymore." i laugh, rolling my eyes playfully.

"your loss." she shrugs, the both of us jumping slightly as we hear a knock on the door.

"that's jisung, stop with the inappropriate threesome comments." i point a finger at her, playfully glaring as i head to open the door.

"that was actually a foursome comment."

"enough." i giggle, finally pulling the door open.

"oh jisung's gonna lose his mind." minho says, a wide smile on his face as he eyes me up and down.

"minho? i thought jisung was picking me up."

"he got held up at work, so he's meeting us there. let's go, hot stuff." he playfully winks, holding his arm out for me.

"where's your date?"

"in the car, come on." he urges. i turn back to look at hara. rolling my eyes again as she mouths the word 'foursome'.

"alright, let's go." i link my arm with his, giving hara one last death glare before shutting the door behind me, allowing minho to lead me to his car. he opens the passenger side door for me, helping me climb in before closing it. "i thought you said he was in here?" i question as minho climbs into the driver side.

"yeah... about that, it didn't work out." he shrugs.

"what? but just yesterday-"

"it didn't work out." he cuts me off.

"minho... i'm sorry..."

"it's fine, don't worry about me." he smiles, but i could tell it didn't reach his eyes.

"well maybe you can give that girl in class a chance now." i joke, trying to lighten the mood. and thankfully, he chuckles, shaking his head as he drives down the street. it didn't take long for me to realize we were driving towards the club. "why are we going to the club, i thought we were meeting jisung at-"