XV

ending notes are important!! (if you want to hear about the next book, and some book planning that is.)

___

Rosalyne's body is as stiff as a board. The sound of her heart beating is so loud it makes her shift uncomfortably. There's something unsettling about seeing you with Arlecchino. Your hands intertwined, the obvious marks littering both your bodies. It made her stomach churn nastily.

"You said you wanted to talk," You start, shifting your eyes between Rosalyne's awkward ones and your girlfriends glare. "Talk."

Rosalyne clears her throat, snapping her eyes from the two of you. "..Right. I'm sorry. Uh," She's stuttering uncharacteristically. It's because she can't stop looking between you two. "I...Y/n, what I did to you was very bad—"

"No shit." Arlecchino mutters, cutting her off.

Your hand comes down to pat her knee, sending her a warning glance before quickly turning back to Rosalyne. "Continue."

"Right," The blonde forces a nod. "I wanted to say that i'm very sorry," She breathes out shakily. "And I know I have no right to come barging in here, forcing my apology onto you—"

"Like the way you forced your love?" Your hand comes down quickly on Arlecchino's leg, jolting her up in surprise. "I-"

"Stop interrupting her," You speak softly. "Please let her talk."

Arlecchino falters but nods, squeezing your hand with an apologetic look. Rosalyne's eyes waver between the two of you before she softly clears her throat. "Uh, so..I took some time these past two weeks to really..think about what I did. And I realize now it was horribly how I treated you Y/n," Her eyes shift to the ground. "I'm so sorry."

You watch her for a few seconds before murmuring. "Why? Why are you just now realizing how bad you treated me?"

Rosalyne falters. "I..I needed some time- I," Her eyes move to her lap where she fiddles with her hands. "I really did love you— my love was just...different."

Arlecchino's itching to say something. Her leg bounces up and down quickly, hand gripping your own. "How can you even call that love?" She snaps despite herself.

The blonde hesitates, sputtering. "I.."

_____

Rosalyne is embarrassed. Wasting away on the couch of her now ex fling who wants nothing to do with her. Her heart is practically weighing her down, the ache so strong she can't even think straight. With one shaky hand Rosalyne pushes herself up into a standing position. Her sniffles echo in the room around her, her hands finding the lingering pieces of her outfit.

Rosalyne grabs her stuff and flees the house as quick as possible. The blinding sunlight makes her head hurt, still having not fully recovered from the drinks she'd been downing while at Rosaria's. Her shaky legs lead her down the street like a stumbling drunk.

Her mind is a mess of thoughts. Not only has she ruined any chance at having you...but now Rosaria too. God— she was such a screw up.

How could she ever find love when all she did was treat people like shit?

Oh god, her head wouldn't stop.