5

The room was filled with the echoes of joy and laughter, as the Henna function begin. After the elderly ladies performed all the rituals, the henna artists were asked to apply mehndi to the bride.

Dressed in an exquisite emerald green suit that complemented her deep brown eyes and fair complexion, Zarnoor felt a wave of excitement in her chest. It wasn't just the celebration that had her heart racing; it was the presence of something she cherished so dearly – Henna. She had always been attracted to the intricate artistry of mehndi, a sentiment that held roots deep within her heart.

Zarnoor was very fond of Mehndi and Makeup and getting dressed up. She finds immense joy in applying beautiful henna & feels so captivated by the scent of mehndi and the elegance it brought to her hands. She loves seeing the intricate henna designs adorning her hands. Hence she loves applying henna designs time to time on her hands. Her eyes would sparkle with excitement as she admired the reddish-brown stain that would stained on her palms, bringing more elegance to her beauty.

As Zara, the bride-to-be, sat next to mehndi artists, Zarnoor's gaze lingered on the intricate designs, that had been drawn on Zara's hand by the mehndi artists.

Fixing her dupatta, Zarnoor strolled towards the henna artists, as now her heart was yearning for the tender touch of mehndi on her palms. With a soft smile dancing on her rosy lips, she approached the artists and extended her hands, her fragile palms open like a canvas waiting for the touch of artistry and enchanting hues.

"Bridal mehndi design please." Said Zarnoor and the henna artists nodded, beginning to work their magic on her hands. Every intricate patterns, each line and curve drawn telling a story of its own. Zarnoor watched it in fascination as no sooner her hands were transformed into a fine  piece of art. The scent of henna was filled in the air, and Zarnoor closed her eyes, savoring the moment.

Her mind drifted back to her days of childhood, when she would spend hours doodling floral designs patterns, on her hands with colorful pens. Back then, it was just a playful  leisure activity but now, it held a deeper significance for her. It was a connection to her roots, to her religion, to the traditions that bound them together, and to the love that radiated through every stroke of henna.

"Zara, your Mehndi is looking more attractive than mine." Said Zarnoor, glancing the mehndi filled hands of Zara.

"Nazar nhi lagao Zari." ("Don't cast an evil eye, Zarnoor!) Zara said, trying to hide her hands from her cousin. Zarnoor narrowed her eyes at Zara's attempt to hide her mehndi, and retorted with a mischievous grin, "Zara, your mehndi is so gorgeous, and I am sure your groom will get lost in its beauty and forgets everything else!" They both laughed, enjoying their playful banter.
______________

Zarnoor's love for makeup and dressing was a passion that burned brightly in her heart, despite her family's modest financial circumstances. She would managed to invest herself in her passion, even with limited resources, she would spend her savings to get the latest make up essentials and create some trendy looks, which brings nothing but joy in her sweet little world.

Zarnoor has transformed a small corner of her room, into her personal beauty haven. A simple mirror, adorned with colorful seashells on it's edges. Her collection was not so vast, but of some chosen shades of eyeshadow, neutral tones lipsticks, and eyeliners to perfect that iconic bold look. She learned the makeup by practising the looks she had watched in movies or magazines, carefully selecting the shades and products that would best complement her features.

Zarnoor turned her attention to the mirror. Her reflection was a evidence of her dedication she has put in getting ready. Deep brown eyes, were highlighted by the precise amount of bold eyeliner, mascara, Kohl and shimmery eyeshadow, and her plumpy lips were filled with a rosy shade lipstick that matched with embroidery on her navy blue dress. No doubt she was beautiful and the little touch of make up used to increase her beauty tenfolds. After she was done with getting dressed up, she spread a big shawl around her body and rushed to her cousin's house.

It was the day of Zara's Nikah, and Zarnoor felt the joy of union and the sorrow of separation knocking at her heart. Zarnoor's eyes brimmed with tears as she watched her cousin Zara in traditional red bridal attire, getting dolled up by her in laws. 'Ma Sha Allah!' She muttered under her breath. Their gaze collided with each other there was tears shining in their orbs, holding unspoken words but showing deep connection between them.

"Zara it's the day for mirth, so please reward this sister of yours with your heartfelt smile not tears." She said engulfing Zara into a tight promising hug. With her wobbling lips Zara murmured "Thank you for always being by my side."

"If you have not said me thanks then also I would be doing the same for you my precious Zara." She wiped her cousin's tears with the handkerchief.

"Zarnoor, make her sit on the chair, Qazi Sahab is coming." Ordered Zara's sister-in-law, covering Zara's face with the traditional long veil. No sooner the marriage vows were done and Zara was asked to sign the Nikah Namah- official marriage document. Zarnoor handed over the pen and paper to her, with shivering hands she grabbed the pen.

"Zara!" Sami caressed his sister's head, and Zarnoor grabbed her left hand encouraging her to do the sign. Having the presence of her favourite persons by her side Zara signed the marriage contract. The room was now filed with echoes of congratulations, Zarnoor stood with her heart full of love and gratitude for the moment and Sami side hugged his little sister before exiting the room.

With marriage comes responsibility and after the marriage live is never the same like before. Sitting side by side, Zarnoor and Zara stared at each other, it was a moment of realization that their lives is no longer like before but about to change, and they would have to face the changes together, no matter how far they are.

After serving all the guests and relatives, all the family members sat together for the dinner. The bride and groom was made to sit side by side.

"Bhai, you have to feed her sweets with your hands." Said, one of the cousin of Zara to Abbas, the groom snd he nodded, picking the piece of sweetmeat, he fed it to his bride muttering, "Nikah Mubarak!" (Congratulations!)

All the people clap and hooted for the couple. Handing the piece of sweetmeat to her, Zarnoor chirped,"Zara, now it's your turn." Shyly Zara feed the sweet to her husband. With some teasings and laughter they had their dinner.

The moment of departure arrived, and as Zara's in-laws approached to take her away, Zara's eyes welled up with unshed tears & Zarnoor's heart clenched, and a single tear escaped her eye. Zarnoor gentlly wiped it away, her own eyes glistening. Consoling each other, they exchanged promises of staying close, no matter where life led them, their voices quivering with emotion. Taking the blessings of everyone Zara stepped into the waiting car, to embark her new journey of life with her soulmate.

Zarnoor's gaze followed her until she became a distant figure. A lump formed in her throat, and the tears flowed freely, but in the midst of the pain, there was hope. Zarnoor took hold of her veil to wipe her tears when she found a handkerchief forwarded towards her. With glossy eyes she looked at the person, it was Shariq. "Ashq zeb nahi dete in khwaabi aankhon me, Aks ek khushnasib ka, kafi hai inhe roshan karne ko." Zarnoor rolled her eyes at his pick up line and glaring him angrily went towards her mother who was also weeping.

(Tears doesn't looks good in these dreamy eyes, reflection of a lucky one is enough to make them shine.)

"What was that?" Sadik inquired to her wife's cousin, with scrutinize gaze. Sharik lowered his gaze in embarassment,"Nothing bhaisahab- brother"

"She is my sister, Sharik. Stay away from her."

"Bhai......" (Brother!)

Sadik showed him his palm and sparing a warning glare at him, moved towards his wife, Roshina.
_________________________________

Assalamualaikum, hope you're doing fine.

I hope you people like the chapter and enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.
May Lord fulfill all your righteous wishes.