Aftermath

Author's note: I wrote this at 1 am because of sudden nostalgia for this ship. Please expect the quality of this to be low

After the whole "mermaid swamp" incident, everything went back to normal. They had their normal class, and normal routine except for Seitaro and Rin's shared tolerance for eachother grew. They started hanging out more sometimes with Yuuta and Yuka, sometimes just alone with eachother.

Seitaro had always wondered why he chose to stay with Rin despite her antics of an ape-man.

It wasn't like he wanted to be together with her but it felt like they were the only ones that understood eachother. Maybe it's because of the trauma of the swamp, maybe it's because of the countless investigations they carried out together, maybe it's because they went through life and death together. Or, just probably all of them.

Seitaro's strange feelings for Rin amplified after the incident.

Before the incident, he had just thought of Rin as a monkey, a rude, hot-headed monkey who never thinks before her actions.

Well, those facts still hold but he saw another side of Rin that were novel to him. The brave and motivated one who snapped him out when he was possessed. The empathetic friend who deeply cares for her friends and does everything to help them despite putting herself in dangerous situations.

Maybe the swamp wasn't so bad. After all, it shed a new light on Rin. Maybe Rin wasn't as dum-. Ah, nevermind.

Maybe Seitaro just wanted to stay with Rin to discover more sides of her. To see her 'evolving' into a human atlas.

'What a weirdo'

—-

"Hey Boldy! What the hell are you smilin' at ya weirdo?"

Rin's raised voice called Seitaro back into reality.

"Nothing you ape woman."

"Huh???? What did you just call me ya bald punk???"

She replied as rice spit out of her mouth.

—-