Chapter 1 _Underground_

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

The first thing I felt... wasn't the wind rushing past me....

......

It was the acceptance of my choices...

.............

The weight of all my decisions.....

Everything that has led me here....

And also the echoing string of curses as I fell to my death.

Did I mention it was my birthday?

-------------------

How did I get into this situation? How the hell has my life ended up like this?...

It's honestly pretty simple to explain.

But first, let me give a brief exposition of my life to get you up to speed.

      I was born into a happy family as a single child—not a very rich family. We often struggled with bills and jobs, but I was lucky to have two very loving parents.

When people saw my parents together, they would often do a double take. My father was relatively short and a little chubby, while my mother was a tall Scandinavian woman, standing at 2 meters tall, or just over 6 feet.

Despite their differences, my parents had a very loving and healthy relationship, and I was proud of them. They were also proud of me.

But my life was empty...

That was something I always dealt with. I was always a more silent guy, preferring to be alone. I had very few friends over my lifetime. When I was in high school, I always stood out because of my height. But I disliked having any attention, so I never chose to stand out more than I needed to.

I would just sit alone in my back hoodie, with my headphones. Listening to music was my only relief in life.

It was my only passion... and honestly, it was my only skill too. When I graduated from school, that's what I chose to pursue instead of applying for university or college.

It wasn't the most profitable or smartest thing to do, but I enjoyed it. My parents supported me in my choice and even helped me get my first apartment. I got a full-time job at a boring grocery store and used the pay to buy myself a laptop and a guitar.

I'll admit... It wasn't a very exciting life. But it was mine, and I enjoyed the peaceful times... Even if they were boring.

But my life... wasn't working anymore. I was sad and alone.

So when I turned 22, I decided to put myself out in the dating game...

That was a mistake. Not only did I not work with a lot of people, I found it hard to care about someone else. People's constant worries and day-to-day hypocrisies were just annoying to me. Every person and date started to blur together.

That was, till one day... I met the most wonderful girl. She had long copper hair, freckles, green eyes, a perfect smile, and an adoring laugh. I admit, I was in love. We had so much in common, and she had this fun streak about her. She never failed to bring a smile to my face. She even enjoyed my music and wanted to make songs like I did.